As highly-trained legal professionals, you expect solicitors to handle your case carefully and competently.
Professionals like solicitors and barristers have a duty of care to you, and if they are negligent, you could suffer a financial loss. If you’ve experienced financial loss because of an error by your solicitor or barrister, you could make a Professional Negligence Claim.
Our Professional Negligence Solicitors have helped many people recover losses after they were let down by their solicitor.
Get in touch for free initial discussion about your Professional Negligence claim.
Meet some of our Professional Negligence Solicitors
Partner, Head of Professional Negligence and Dispute ResolutionRead Robert's Full Profile
How can a Solicitor be Negligent?
Some common mistakes that solicitors can make include:
- Incorrect or poor legal advice
- Missing important deadlines, such as filing paperwork with the Court or attending a Court hearing
- Settling your case for less than it’s worth, for example, not factoring in your long-term needs for future treatment when settling your case for a personal injury
- Incorrectly drafting documents such as a Will
- Failing to follow instructions
- Not giving you the correct advice about costs or options for funding a case for which you were eligible
- Not completing the conveyancing on a property properly
- Not placing a charge on a property after a divorce
To make a successful claim for negligence, it must be proved that the solicitor had a duty of care to you, that they failed in that duty and that you suffered a loss as a result.
You might be unsure where you stand and you may not want to trust another solicitor after you’ve been let down. But as experts in professional negligence, we know what to look out for and can give you advice on your specific situation.
Why Choose Simpson Millar?
- No Win, No Fee – we can usually handle Professional Negligence Claims on a No Win, No Fee basis, which means you don’t have to pay our legal fees if your claim is unsuccessful.
- Open and Honest Communication – we pride ourselves as being the ‘Open Lawyers’. We’ll explain everything in straightforward terms, without legal jargon, and we’ll be upfront about how much your claim will cost.
- Accredited by the Professional Negligence Lawyers Association – your case is safe with us and we’ll aim to get you a fair outcome.
What is the Claims Process?
- Get in touch with our Professional Negligence Solicitors for a free initial chat about your situation.
- If we can assist, we’ll review your solicitor’s files for evidence of negligence and tell you if you’ve got grounds for a claim.
- We’ll put forward your claim to the negligent solicitor and try to settle your claim without Court.
- We’ll aim to get you the best outcome as quickly as possible.
Is there a Time Limit to Make a Claim?
You have 6 years from the date of the negligence, or 3 years from the date on which you first knew that you’d suffered a loss because of the negligence, to make a claim.
We recommend getting legal advice as soon as you can so we can help you through the process as efficiently as possible.
How Much Will I Have to Pay?
We deal with most Professional Negligence Claims on a No Win, No Fee basis. This means you won’t usually pay any upfront costs, and pay our legal fees only if your claim is successful. In some cases, we may need to charge to review relevant papers.
For free legal advice call our Professional Negligence Solicitors
We're happy to help
Monday to Friday 8:30am-7:00pm
08002 605 010
We're happy to call you
Simply click below to arrange a call
Simpson Millar Solicitors are a national law firm with over 500 staff and offices in Billingham, Bristol, Cardiff, Catterick, Lancaster, Leeds, Liverpool, London and Manchester.