Our Medical Negligence Solicitors may be able to help you get compensation if you or a loved one suffered substandard care in an NHS or private hospital.
We understand that coping with the aftermath of clinical errors is very distressing, but our expert Solicitors combine extensive technical knowledge of the law with a friendly, sensitive and sympathetic approach.
We may be able to represent you on a No Win, No Fee basis, so ask us for details and we’ll be happy to help you.
For a free consultation get in touch with our Medical Negligence Solicitors to see if we can help you get the compensation and rehabilitation support you’re entitled to.
More Information on Hospital Negligence Claims
In England and Wales, everybody has the right to a high standard of care in hospital, but there are cases in which medical mistakes happen leaving the victim with life changing injuries.
Incidents of hospital negligence are varied and can include:
- Spinal injuries
- Hospital acquired infections
- Neurology incidents
- Errors made during surgery
- Given the incorrect dosage of medication
- Delayed diagnosis or treatment
- Childbirth injuries
- Complications from anaesthetics
- Failure to provide adequate care and treatment
Claims for hospital negligence can also include common mistakes made by clinicians such as:
- Failing to take your medical history into account
- Not carrying out the appropriate investigations and/or not interpreting results correctly
- Making administrative errors, such as failing to provide follow-up services
- Failing to examine a patient properly
You may also have grounds to make a medical negligence claim if you develop a hospital-acquired infection, such as Sepsis, MRSA or Norovirus. These can be caused or spread by a failure to properly clean hospital equipment.
What Can I Be Compensated For?
Compensation for hospital negligence covers:
- Pain and suffering
- The loss of past or future earnings
- Adjustments to your home that may be required
- Special care aids and appliances
- Cost of care and assistance
- Prescription charges and medical fees
- Cost of assistance for household chores
- Out-of-pocket expenses
- Travel expenses
Hospital Negligence compensation can help you rebuild your life and ensure you can access the care you may require in the future.
How Common are Hospital Negligence Cases?
Unfortunately, hospital negligence cases are very common and can occur in any department. According to NHS Resolution’s 2018-19 annual report, the NHS received 10,678 medical negligence claims over the year.
Some 13% of these claims related to care given in emergency medicine, 12% concerned Orthopaedic Surgery and 10% related to Obstetric care.
For free legal advice call our Medical Negligence Solicitors
We're happy to help
Monday to Friday 8:30am-7:00pm
08002 605 010
We're happy to call you
Simply click below to arrange a call