If your child has developed Erb’s Palsy because of a doctor or midwife’s error, get in touch with our expert Medical Negligence Solicitors for a free claims assessment.
Although there is a chance that your baby can recover from Erb’s Palsy, they may not and it can be a lifelong condition needing different treatment and therapies to make it more manageable.
Our specialist Medical Negligence team have helped many children get the compensation, support and rehabilitation they need to reach their full potential.
Taking legal action can be daunting, but we’ll do all we can to support you through the process and make it as stress free as possible.
Call our Medical Negligence Solicitors for a free claims assessment.
Meet some of our Medical Negligence Solicitors
Why Choose Simpson Millar?
Our expert Medical Negligence Solicitors have helped many people rebuild their lives after being affected by a birth injury, so they can get much-needed financial compensation, care and rehabilitation.
- Open and Transparent – we’ll always speak to you in clear, straightforward language and keep you updated through the claims process
- Supporting Your Other Legal Needs – our other experts lawyers can support you with any other legal issues you need to deal with. For example, our Court of Protection Solicitors can set up a Personal Injury Trust, so your compensation won’t affect any entitlement to benefits. We also have a large, expert team of Education Solicitors, who can help you get the right special educational needs provision for your child.
- Child Settlements – any Personal Injury settlement for a child has to be approved by the Court and it may be better to see how your child’s condition develops as they grow, so early settlement may not be in their best interests. We’ll keep you informed and give you advice on the best options for your child.
- Recognised Experts - Some of our team are members of the Action against Medical Accidents (AvMA) Solicitors referral panel and the Law Society’s Clinical Negligence Accreditation scheme
- Partnerships with Leading Organisations - We work with many specialist groups and charities, including the Spinal Injuries Association, Stick N Step and the Child Brain Injury Trust
Boy Affected At School by Erb's Palsy
An 11 year old boy received a Court approved settlement of £575,000. This reflected the impact on him throughout his childhood and in his future. He had issues with written work at school and couldn’t take part in sports. All of this affected his mental health and he also suffered from depression.Read Full Case Study
Compensation Offer Doubled in Erb’s Palsy Case
A young boy was only offered £280,000 in compensation for the excessive force used on him during his birth. Medical Negligence Solicitor Kay Barnes increased this to a final settlement of £550,000, which will help him throughout his life.Read Full Case Study
Physio for Teen After She Suffered with Erb’s Palsy
Katie’s shoulder got stuck during her birth and she was diagnosed with Erb’ Palsy as a result. She was struggling with basic tasks like washing her hair and cutting up her food and suffered with pain every day. Her award of £685,000 will help her to pay for physiotherapy and pain management throughout her lifetime and help her buy an automatic car, instead of a manual.Read Full Case Study
What Can I Claim Compensation For?
The care, support and rehabilitation needed for a child with Erb’s Palsy can be costly, so we can help you cover the cost of:
- Professional care
- Care from family members
- Suitable transport for your child
- Specialist treatment such as physiotherapy
- Specialist equipment for your child
Compensation can also cover any loss of income for your child in the future and the cost of managing their care package and treatment throughout their lifetime.
Is There a Time Limit on Claiming Medical Negligence Compensation?
You can make an Erb’s Palsy Compensation Claim for your child until they are 18. After their 18th birthday, they have three years to make a claim, unless they lack capacity to claim themselves.
How Do I Pay for a Medical Negligence Claim?
Medical negligence claims can usually be handled on a No Win, No Fee basis (also known as a Conditional Fee Agreement). So there’s no financial risk to you if you decide to claim compensation.
What is the Erb's Palsy Claims Process?
- Free claims assessment
Call us on 08002605010 or ask us to call you back.
- NHS Complaints
It might be important for your medical negligence claim to make a formal complaint to the NHS. If so, we'll talk you through the process, and review the outcome of the complaint.
- Medical Evidence
If we take on your child's case, we’ll arrange for a medical expert to review the care you and your child received. They will tell us if they think it was sub standard. This will help to support your child's Erb's Palsy compensation claim.
- Negotiate a Settlement
Settlement in child claims is more complicated and takes longer. We never want to settle a claim before we know the full impact of your child’s condition on their life.
Also, any settlements in child cases need to be approved by the Court to make sure that settlement is in their best interests.
For free legal advice call our Medical Negligence Solicitors
We're happy to help
Monday to Friday 8:30am-7:00pm
08002 605 010
We're happy to call you
Simply click below to arrange a call
Simpson Millar Solicitors are a national law firm with over 500 staff and offices in Billingham, Bristol, Cardiff, Catterick, Lancaster, Leeds, Liverpool, London and Manchester.