When you’ve suffered any kind of sexual or physical abuse, it can take a long time before you feel ready to talk about it. Reporting abuse can take a lot of courage, so when you're ready to talk, we're ready to listen.
Our specialist team of Abuse Claims Solicitors are compassionate, understanding, and easy to talk to. We’ll handle your case with the sensitivity it deserves, offering you help and support throughout the whole process.
We have helped many people in similar situations to yours, so we can help you get the justice you deserve, even if the abuse happened many years ago.
Our Abuse Team have been helping survivors of abuse claim their legal rights for more than 30 years and can help you take the first steps towards making a civil claim.
Contact us for a free confidential case assessment. Legal Aid may be available, depending on your financial situation or we could deal with your claim on a No Win, No Fee basis. Just ask us for details.
Meet some of our Abuse Claims Solicitors
When you're ready to talk, we're ready to listen. And, if we can take on your case, we will strive to get you the justice you deserve. Please select the type of claim you want help with below, or contact us for a free confidential consultation and legal advice.
An overview with our Abuse Solicitors
Why Choose Simpson Millar?
- We will fight tirelessly for fair and just outcomes for your claim
- We can introduce you to a large network of support and survivor groups, people who have suffered abuse and can offer help and support, wherever you are in the UK
- We’ll do everything we can to make sure your claim is as stress-free as possible
- We’ll give you clear, straightforward legal advice with no legal jargon
- We’re bound by a strict duty of confidentiality, so nothing you say will be revealed to anyone without your consent
- You’ll work with the same dedicated and experienced Solicitor throughout your claim
- We are specialists in Abuse Claims and are experts in getting compensation for recent or historic childhood sexual abuse
- Our expert team are members of the Association of Child Abuse Lawyers (ACAL)
- We’re active campaigners for the rights of abuse survivors
People We’ve Helped
Our client was sexually abused over a 2-year period by his mother’s partner. He suffered serious psychological problems such as Post Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD) as a result. His abuser wasn’t successfully prosecuted, so he tried making a compensation claim through the Criminal Injuries Compensation Authority (CICA).
He was offered £6,600 in compensation, but he believed this was far too low. He spoke to one of our Child Abuse Solicitors and we took on his case. We gathered evidence including an independent report from a consultant psychiatrist which led to him being awarded more than £80,000 in compensation.
“When I first spoke to my partner about the abuse at Rosehill and she searched on the internet for more information we saw that Simpson Millar were involved with the victims. I was shocked that so many people had been affected and couldn’t believe that there might be someone that knew how I felt and what I had gone through. After the initial shock we contacted Simpson Millar to make an appointment.
For me personally it was never about making a claim, I wanted to finally talk about it after thinking I would take this to my grave, and get some kind of justice. When I first went in to the office I found it very difficult, and for the first time ever I broke down. However over time it got easier, I spoke to the police, a psychologist and had counselling. It was a relief that someone believed me. I decided that I would join the group making a claim against Manchester Council as it might be the only justice I could get. The process took a while and wasn’t always easy, but in the end was worthwhile.
Without the support of Simpson Millar I would never had taken my claim all the way, they have always been very professional and supportive and I highly recommend their services.” Paul Tyler
Latest Articles & Case Studies
Why Claim Compensation for Abuse?
Making a civil claim, also known as taking legal action, can’t take away the suffering you’ve experienced, but there are many reasons why you might want to consider making a civil claim.
- Legal action can help you accept that what happened to you wasn’t your fault, particularly if criminal prosecutions are unsuccessful or not possible.
- Compensation can help you to get appropriate treatment, such as counselling, and help you start to rebuild your life
- Public bodies are incentivised to protect vulnerable people and act responsibly
- Speaking out on sexual or physical abuse can lead to changes in the law, and hopefully mean others don’t have to suffer in the same way
- You may be able to be compensated for the abuse you have suffered
How Can I Pay My Legal Costs?
There are generally four options for paying for your legal costs:
- Legal Aid – this is means tested, so will depend on your financial situation
- No Win, No Fee agreement
- Legal Expenses Insurance – this is usually an addition to a home or motor insurance policy
- Paying the legal costs yourself
We’ll discuss these options with you before you start your claim and help you choose an option that suits you.
Proudly working in partnership with NAPAC
For free legal advice call our Abuse Claims Solicitors
We're happy to help
Monday to Friday 8:30am-7:00pm
0808 239 1287
We're happy to call you
Simply click below to arrange a call
Simpson Millar Solicitors are a national law firm with over 500 staff and offices in Billingham, Bristol, Cardiff, Catterick, Lancaster, Leeds, Liverpool, London and Manchester.