Jet2 Holiday Accident and Sickness Claims
For free legal advice call our Holiday Claims Solicitors and we will help you. Ask if we can deal with your claim on a No Win, No Fee basis.
Tour operators such as Jet2 are responsible for keeping you safe on a package holiday by preventing holiday accidents and illness where possible.
If you’ve been injured or been ill whilst on a Jet2 holiday, you could be eligible for compensation. Our Holiday Claims Solicitors are experienced in dealing with holiday accident and illness claims, and have helped many people secure an amount that fairly compensates them for their experience.
Get in touch with our Holiday Claims Solicitors to talk about your situation. If we think you’ve got grounds for a successful claim, we might be able to deal with your case on a No Win, No Fee basis – ask us for details.
Meet some of our Personal Injury Solicitors
Why Choose Simpson Millar?
- We’re one of the leading providers of holiday claims in the UK. We have years of experience in dealing with all types of holiday claims and package holiday providers, including Jet2
- As experts of Travel Law, our Holiday Claims team come with the knowledge, tools and experience needed to pursue a successful claim. With a Holiday Claims Solicitor on your side, you can be sure that you’ll get the best possible outcome
- We’ll always speak to you in straightforward terms, without the legal jargon
What Are Your Rights?
Even if you have travel insurance in place, it doesn’t necessarily cover you for an accident or illness on holiday, and you’ll often have to pay an excess to claim on your insurance.
Thankfully, there are laws and regulations in place to give you another layer of protection:
- Package Travel and Linked Travel Arrangements Regulations 2018 – These regulations make the tour operators responsible if you don’t get the package holiday you paid for. So if your holiday is ruined by an accident or illness that could have been prevented, or because you suffered food poisoning on holiday, you’re entitled to make a claim against the tour operator. But whether your accident or illness is covered under these regulations can depend on a few different factors, so it’s best to speak to a Holiday Claims Solicitor who can go through everything with you
- Air Travel Organiser's Licence (ATOL) – If your holiday is ATOL protected, this gives you another level of protection. As Jet2 Holidays are fully ATOL protected, if they go bust, you’re legally entitled to a refund if you are yet to travel, and hotel costs and flights home if you are abroad.
It can sometimes be confusing to know whether or not your holiday is ATOL protected. An easy way of finding out is by checking any documents given to you by your travel agent for an ATOL certificate. If you can’t see one or your travel agent is unable to provide you with one, then your holiday may not be a package holiday and is therefore potentially not ATOL protected.
What to Do if You’re Injured or Get Sick on a Jet2 Holiday
Whether it’s an injury or illness you’re suffering with on holiday, you should always get medical treatment as soon as you can and, if possible, a medical diagnosis. This will help support your claim along with any photos or videos you managed to take. For example, evidence of poor maintenance conditions and hygiene.
If there’s a Jet2 Holidays representative at your hotel or accommodation, you should inform them of your injuries or symptoms. They should try to deal with the issue right away and tell you what you should do next.
While you can go straight to Jet2 to make a complaint, we always recommend getting legal advice from an experienced Holiday Claims Solicitor, as this puts you in a stronger position.
Our Travel law team can give you expert knowledge and advice for complaints related to holiday accidents and illnesses. But if your complaint is about anything else, then you should follow Jet2’s complaints procedure set out in the Terms and Conditions of your holiday. This can usually be found with your booking confirmation.
As well as your booking confirmation, you should keep copies of all letters, emails and documents from Jet2. You should also keep receipts for medical expenses and any out-of-pocket expenses you’ve got as a result of your injury or illness. These will come in really useful if you decide to pursue a claim.
Time Limits for Making a Claim
You’ve got 3 years to make a claim for any personal injury or illness you’ve experienced on a Jet2 package holiday. If it’s your child who’s had an accident or got sick, and they’re under 18, then you’ve got 3 years from when they turn 18 to make a claim.
This is a strict time limit, so even if you develop further complications because of your injury or illness, the limit cannot be extended. So, it’s best to get in touch with a Holiday Claims Solicitor to start the claims process as soon as you can.
But it’s important not to rush to accept the first offer you get. While tour operators will want to resolve your complaint and keep your custom, the amount they offer won’t necessarily be fair.
This is where the expertise of a Holiday Claims Solicitor will be valuable. Our Travel team have a wealth of experience in dealing with holiday illness and accident claims, so they’ll be able to give you a realistic idea of how much compensation you could be awarded.
Not all symptoms subside or go away over time, so we will also consider any ongoing treatment or rehabilitation you need, as well as any financial losses you may experience in the future.
Funding Your Jet2 Claim
As Open Lawyers, we’ll be transparent with you every step of the way about any fees and costs. We’ll always speak to you in clear, straightforward terms so you’ll know exactly how much compensation you could be awarded, and the likely timescales.
We can often deal with Jet2 Holidays claims on a No Win, No Fee basis, so you’ll only pay legal fees if your claim is successful. Get in touch today to see how we can help you.
For free legal advice, call our Holiday Claims Solicitors
We're happy to help
Monday to Friday 8:30am-7:00pm
08002 605 010
We're happy to call you
Simply click below to arrange a call
Simpson Millar Solicitors are a national law firm with over 500 staff and offices in Billingham, Bristol, Cardiff, Catterick, Lancaster, Leeds, Liverpool, London and Manchester.