If you’ve been injured by a vehicle, motorbike or bicycle while walking on a road or pavement, our Road Traffic Accident Solicitors can help you. We offer a free claims assessment and can tell you quickly if you have a claim.
Pedestrians often suffer from serious injuries such as bone fractures, head or brain injuries or even spinal cord injuries. However serious your injuries, our specialist Personal Injury Solicitors can help you get the compensation, care and rehabilitation you need.
Pedestrian accidents can sometimes be fatal. We can help you make a claim if you’ve lost a loved one in a road traffic accident. The compensation could make a big difference to your family if you’ve lost the main breadwinner in the accident.
Drivers will sometimes leave the scene of a pedestrian accident – this is known as a hit and run. They could have been drinking, driving without insurance or a not have a licence. We can still help you. We can also help if you want to make a claim on behalf of your child who’s been involved in a pedestrian accident.
For a free claims assessment with legal advice contact our Road Traffic Accident Claims Solicitors. Ask if we can deal with your claim on a No Win, No Fee basis.
Meet some of our Road Traffic Accident Solicitors
Why Choose Simpson Millar?
- We’ve helped many people injured in pedestrian accidents get the compensation they need to start to rebuild their lives after a pedestrian accident
- Every accident is different, so our Road Traffic Accident Solicitors offer a highly personalised service. We’ll stay in touch regularly so you always know what’s happening with your case
- We always speak to you in clear, straightforward language and explain the whole claims process to you
- We could apply for interim payments of compensation if you have urgent medical or financial needs and can’t afford to wait until the legal process ends
- We’ll help you access the care, support and rehabilitation you need, such as physiotherapy and private medical treatment, and include the cost of this as part of your claim
- You’ll be allocated a specific Personal Injury Lawyer who will be your contact throughout your claim and they’ll answer any questions you might have about your claim
- Making a pedestrian accident claim can be distressing, but we’ll be on hand to support you throughout the whole claims process
- We’re members of the Motor Accident Solicitors Society (MASS) and our team of specialists are accredited by the Law Society for our expertise in personal injury law. Some of our lawyers are also members of the Association of Personal Injury Lawyers (APIL).
Our Major Trauma Team
If you or a loved one has suffered a life-changing injury, we can help you get the right support and advice. With Simpson Millar, you’ll have a whole team on your side. We have some of the best personal injury solicitors in England and Wales and other specialist legal teams to meet all your needs. This should reassure you that you’ve come to the right place.
You’re probably facing many day-to-day challenges after your injury, so we want to make dealing with any legal issues as seamless and stress-free as possible. Then you can focus on your recovery and living a fulfilling, independent life.
Our dedicated team have the experience and knowledge to guide you through every step. We know choosing someone to help you can be an difficult decision, but hopefully we can prove that you’ve made the best choice.
People We Have Helped
£6 Million Compensation for Man Hit at Pedestrian Crossing
Our client was hit by a taxi driver when he was walking on a pedestrian crossing. He sustained severe brain injuries and his right leg was amputated below the knee. We negotiated a compensation settlement of £6 million. This included a lump sum payment and regular future payments to cover his future needs.See the Full Case Study Here
£492,000 Compensation for Pedestrian Injured by Untraced Driver
We represented a woman who was injured after being knocked down by a car while crossing the road. The driver of the car drove off after the accident and couldn’t be traced. She tried to claim through the Motor Insurers Bureau, but they rejected her claim. After we took on her claim, the MIB offer £13,000, but we settled her claim for £492,000.Read the Full Case Study
£125,000 Compensation for Pedestrian Knocked Down by Car
Our client was injured when he was hit by a car after the driver lost control. The driver’s insurance company didn’t accept responsibility at first, but admitted responsibility after we investigated the circumstances of the accident. With our help, the client received £125,000 in compensation, which pays for his long-term financial losses, future care needs and his knee replacement surgery.Read the Full Case Study
What is the Claims Process?
If we take on your case after a free claims assessment, we will:
- Start gathering evidence, including witness statements, photographs of the accident scene, CCTV and helmet cam or dash cam footage, if available.
- Arrange for you to have an independent medical assessment by a specialist medical expert. They’ll prepare a medical report with details of your injuries. This will help us to understand how serious your injuries are, how much they’ve impacted your life and what care and support you’ll need.
- Get evidence of the financial impact of your injury. This will be used to help us value your claim and understand how much compensation you should get.
- Ask the insurance company of the person who injured you to accept responsibly for your accident.
- If they accept responsibility, apply for an interim payment so you can access specialist treatment and rehabilitation and also get some financial support in the short term before your claim settles.
- Continue to negotiate a settlement with the other side.
- If we can’t reach a settlement and your case has to go to Court, we’ll support you throughout the whole process, but don’t worry - most accident claims do settle before having to go to Court.
Pedestrian Accident FAQs
- What can I claim compensation for?
Pedestrian accidents often result in serious injuries because pedestrians are usually the most vulnerable of road users. If your injuries are serious and you need ongoing medical treatment and rehabilitation, we’ll make sure you get the specialist treatment you need to start to rebuild your life after the accident.
If you need help at home with cooking, cleaning, washing or daily personal care, your compensation can cover the cost of care provided by a nurse, or your friends and family. It can also pay for any adaptations you need at home or the cost of a new place to live if your current home can’t be adapted.
You can also claim for:
- Your physical injuries
- Any psychological injuries
- Loss of earnings, both past and future
- Expenses such as medication, prescription costs and taxis
- Damage to your personal property
- Rehabilitation support
- Loss of pension rights
- How long do I have to make a pedestrian accident claim?
You must make a claim within three years of the date of the accident. If you were injured as a child, the three year time limit to make a claim doesn’t start until your 18th birthday.
It’s really important to get legal advice as soon as you can after your accident so that the accident is fresh in everyone’s mind and the impact of your accident is clear.
- How much will it cost to make a pedestrian claim?
We can normally take on a Pedestrian Accident claim on a No Win, No Fee agreement. Just ask us for details.
- Can I make a claim for someone else?
You can only make a claim for someone else if the injured person is under the age of 18, lacks mental capacity or died in the accident.
For free legal advice call our Road Traffic Accident Solicitors
We're happy to help
Monday to Friday 8:30am-7:00pm
0808 239 6443
We're happy to call you
Simply click below to arrange a call
Simpson Millar Solicitors are a national law firm with over 500 staff and offices in Billingham, Bristol, Cardiff, Catterick, Lancaster, Leeds, Liverpool, London and Manchester.