Management and Structure
Memberships and Charities
Gender Pay Gap Statement
Simpson Millar: Diversity statistics 2019
Sign up to the latest news from Simpson Millar
Professional Indemnity Insurance Information
Advice Surrounding Coronavirus from Simpson Millar
Work in Progress (WIP) File Purchases for Solicitors
Simpson Millar Sign Armed Forces Covenant
Open, straightforward legal advice
We’re different from other law firms.
We understand that people can often be apprehensive and even nervous about speaking to a Solicitor.
This isn’t surprising. After all, it’s not every day that you need to speak to one, and it’s often only when something’s gone wrong or you need help with something that’s really important to you, such as buying a house or looking after your family, that you contact a Solicitor.
Not only that, but some Solicitors are often unclear about the actual price they’ll charge, leaving you unsure on what the true cost will be.
At the same time, they might constantly slip into legal jargon and not clearly set out the legal process, so you don’t know what should happen next and when.
That can make an already stressful situation feel much worse.
But while this may be true for many Solicitors, it’s not the case here.
We understand that you may be nervous or apprehensive, even worried and in some horrible cases, having to deal with life-changing circumstances.
So we’ll make sure you feel as comfortable and relaxed as possible and we believe in being open and honest with you at all times.
We have a clear and straightforward aim. This is to create a simpler way to tackle your challenges and we believe in challenging how things have always been done if and when there’s a better way.
That’s why we’ve developed a range of legal services that are straightforward, transparent and don’t have any hidden surprises or costs.
We pride ourselves on being friendly and approachable and our Lawyers and Solicitors will always give straightforward legal advice in plain English.
And when we do need to use ‘legal jargon’, we’ll always clearly explain what we mean - so you’ll know exactly where you stand at every step of the process and you’ll never be left unsure of what’s going on.
Finally, we don’t believe in a ‘one service fits all’ approach and, wherever possible, we’ll tailor what we do to suit you and your unique needs and circumstances. Of course, this isn’t always possible but again, we’ll make it clear at the beginning what we can and can’t do and you can be sure we’ll always act in your best interests.
Some facts and figures about us
- We’ve been providing legal help and support for more than 170 years
- We’re a national law firm with offices in Bristol, Cardiff, Kingston-upon-Thames, Lancaster (2 offices), Leeds, Liverpool, London, Manchester, Morecambe and Southport
- In 2018, we acquired EAD Solicitors in Liverpool, and JWK, which has offices in Lancaster, Morecambe and Southport
- We have just over 500 colleagues
- We’re owned by Doorway, an independent and specialist provider of capital to law firms
- Doorway is, in turn, owned by Mount Capital, a family business with global multi-managed funds
- The firm is divided into 3 practice groups (Personal Injury, Private Client and Public Law) and 6 business service departments (HR, IT, Risk & Compliance, Marketing, Operations and Finance)
- We were the first law firm to receive the Law Society’s award for excellence in Practice Management (Lexcel), and one of the first to be accredited as Investors in People.
- In April 2007, we became one of the first law firms considered against the new Investors in People standard that includes wellbeing of staff as a consideration.
Find out more about us here:
- Armed Forces Covenant
- Client Testimonials
- Complaints Policy
- Management and Structure
- Memberships and Charities
- Social Responsibility