Open, straightforward legal advice - We’re different from other law firms
Simpson Millar has a clear and straightforward aim. To offer you a range of open, clear and straightforward legal services, with no hidden surprises or costs.
Our Solicitors and Lawyers are friendly and approachable will always give you straightforward legal advice in easy to understand language.
When we do need to use ‘legal jargon’, we’ll always clearly explain what we mean so you’ll know exactly where you stand at every step of the process.
Finally, we don’t believe in a ‘one service fits all’ approach. Wherever we can, we’ll tailor what we do to suit your individual needs and circumstances and we’ll always act in your best interests.
Management and Structure
Memberships and Charities
Gender Pay Gap Statement
Simpson Millar: Diversity statistics 2019
Sign up to the latest news from Simpson Millar
Professional Indemnity Insurance Information
Advice Surrounding Coronavirus from Simpson Millar
Work in Progress (WIP) File Purchases for Solicitors
Simpson Millar Sign Armed Forces Covenant
Simpson Millar Membership
Simpson Millar Brand and Advertising
Our Terms and Conditions
Some more facts about us
- We’ve been providing legal help and support for more than 170 years
- We’re a national law firm with offices in Billingham, Bristol, Cardiff, Catterick, Lancaster, Leeds, Liverpool, London and Manchester
- We have just over 500 colleagues
- We’re owned by Doorway, an independent and specialist provider of capital to law firms which is in turn, owned by Mount Capital, a family business with global multi-managed funds
- The firm is divided into 3 practice groups;
- Personal Injury and Medical Negligence
- Private Client
- Public Law
- These are supported by 6 business service teams (HR, IT, Risk & Compliance, Marketing, Operations and Finance)
- We were the first law firm to receive the Law Society’s award for excellence in Practice Management (Lexcel), and one of the first to be accredited as Investors in People.
We can track our history back to 1841, when Henry Simpson became a partner based in the London Bridge area.
Over the next 180 odd years, we’ve always tried to give our clients the very best service and growing the services we could offer, working with business partners, organisations and trade unions alongside our clients.
In 2015, we acquired Colemans-CTTS and formed a national business across England and Wales, building a strong business with expert lawyers.
Simpson Millar were the first law firm to receive the Law Society’s award for excellence in Practice Management (Lexcel), and one of the first to be accredited as an “Investor in People”.
Now owned by Doorway, the firm has a 5 year growth plan to become the leading consumer law firm in the UK.
As part of that plan, in 2018 we acquired EAD Solicitors in Liverpool and JMK in Lancaster.