Road Traffic Accidents

For free legal advice call our Personal Injury Solicitors and we will help you. Ask if we can deal with your claim on a No Win, No Fee basis.

Call us on 08002605010 or

Have you been injured in a car accident? Suffered whiplash? Had a road accident on a bicycle or a motorbike? Or been knocked down by a vehicle?

If the answer to any of the above is yes - and you weren’t at fault - our Personal Injury Solicitors can help you. When you provide us with the details of the accident and your injuries, we can provide you with:

  • Free Legal Advice
  • A Free Initial Assessment of Your Claim
  • Details of our No Win, No Fee agreement
  • The Likelihood of You being Awarded Compensation
  • The Amounts of Compensation Awarded in similar Road Accident Claims.

If we can take on your case our Personal Injury Solicitors will deal with your claim from start to finish, while you focus on your recovery.

You won’t have to travel to meetings with a Personal Injury Solicitor. Our email, phone, and postal service means we’ll keep you fully informed at all times, notifying you when any progress has been made.

When you get in touch with us, ask if your road accident claim can be dealt with on a No Win, No Fee basis. 

Contact us for free legal advice or select the type of claim you want help with below.

Call us on 08002605010 or request a callback and we will help you.

Claiming Compensation for a Road Traffic Accident

If you’ve been injured in a road traffic accident as a driver, passenger, pedestrian, motorcyclist or cyclist, and the accident wasn’t your fault, you can claim compensation for:

  • Pain and Suffering Caused as a Result of the Accident
  • Loss of Earnings or Income
  • Damages to Your Car, Motorbike, Bicycle and Personal Property
  • Expenses such as Prescription Charges and Taxi Fares
  • Care and Assistance provided by Friends and Relatives
  • Rehabilitation and/or other Treatments Required
  • Modifications to Your Home if the Accident causes Disability

For free legal advice get in touch with our Personal Injury Solicitors on 08002605010 or request a callback and we will help you.


We’re a member of the Motor Accident Solicitors’ Society (MASS), the national association of Solicitors who specialise in road traffic accident claims.

MASS is a non-profit making organisation which requires all members to adhere to minimum service standards.

We’re also a member of the Law Society Personal Injury Accreditation Scheme and several of our Solicitors are members of the Association of Personal Injury Lawyers (APIL).

We were the first law firm to be accredited with the Lexcel Investors in People standard and our three most senior team members have over 60 years of experience between them.

Latest Articles & Case Studies

Frequently asked questions about Road Traffic Accidents

What is the claims process?

In many road accident cases we use the Fast Track claims portal which usually takes 4-6 months for cases settling at Stage 2, or 11 months for cases settling at Stage 3. Claims not processed through the claims portal usually take 12-16 months.

If we can represent you in your claim, we’ll start to gather the evidence right away. We’ll write to witnesses, get a statement from you and notify the party you hold responsible for your injury that you’re taking legal action.

Your Personal Injury Solicitor can then work to obtain copies of your medical records and arrange an appointment with an independent medical expert, so they can write up a report on your injuries.

That can help us assess the value of your claim, as well as prove useful evidence if the other party denies liability and Court proceedings need to be issued.


Most road accident claims settle out of Court, but if your case does go to Court, we’ll support you throughout the case.

How long do I have to make a claim?

You can claim for a road traffic accident within three years of it taking place. However, we’d suggest you make your claim as early as you can, as that means we’ll have more time to build a strong case for compensation.

Children who have suffered a personal injury have three years from their 18th birthday to make a claim.

What funding is available?

Road Traffic Accident cases can often be funded through a No Win, No Fee agreement. Ask for us for details.

For free legal advice call our Personal Injury Solicitors

We're happy to help

Monday to Friday 8:30am-7:00pm

08002 605 010

08002 605 010

We're happy to call you

Simply click below to arrange a call

Request a Call Back

Request a Callback

This data will only be used by Simpson Millar in accordance with our Privacy Policy for processing your query and for no other purpose

Simpson Millar is a national law firm with over 500 staff and offices in Bristol, Cardiff, Lancaster, Leeds, Liverpool, London - Euston, London - Fleet Street, London - Teddington, Manchester, Morecambe and Southport.