Road Traffic Accident Claims Solicitors
For free legal advice call our Road Traffic Accident Solicitors and we will help you. Ask if we can deal with your claim on a No Win, No Fee basis.
If you’ve been injured in a road traffic accident which wasn’t your fault, this can have a significant impact on your life, particularly if your injuries are serious.
We deal with all types of road accidents including; Car accidents, Motorcycle accidents, Cycling accidents, Pedestrian accidents.
We can also help with injuries to passengers, road accidents involving foreign vehicles and Motor Insurers’ Bureau (MIB) claims involving untraced and uninsured drivers.
Our specialist Road Traffic Accident Solicitors will offer you a Free Claims Assessment, and we can often deal with a claim on a No Win, No Fee basis. Just ask us for details.
Meet some of our Road Traffic Accident Solicitors
We can help you to claim compensation so you can get the treatment, support and rehabilitation you need, such as:
- Home adaptations
- Mobility aids
- Occupational therapy
How We Can Help You
We can talk through your accident circumstances with you and quickly tell you if you have a claim if you’ve been injured in any of the following types of road accident:
Why Choose Simpson Millar?
- Expert Solicitors - Our Road Traffic Accident Solicitors are experts. Three of our most senior Solicitors have over 60 years of experience in road accident claims between them
- Giving You Access to Justice - When you’re injured in an accident that wasn’t your fault, making a claim is your chance to get justice, along with compensation for your injuries. This compensation can be a financial lifeline, especially if you can’t go back to work
- Your Recovery - Our Road Traffic Accident Solicitors deal with every part of your claim, so you can focus on your recovery
- Offices Nationwide - You don’t need to come to our offices, unless you want to. We have offices across England and Wales and we can talk to you by phone, email, letter or video conferencing. We promise to keep you informed, providing regular updates on the progress of your case
People We’ve Helped
Here are just a few examples of the many people we’ve helped get the care, support and rehabilitation they needed to live with their injuries.
£3 million Compensation for Brain Injury after Car Accident
Our client was a passenger in a car when he was injured in an accident. She suffered multiple injuries including a traumatic brain injury. With our help, she was awarded compensation which helped her access the rehabilitation she urgently needed. The settlement also covered her medical expenses, loss of past and future earnings and pay for a professional trustee to help manage her finances.Read Case Study
£1.5 million Compensation for Cyclist Hit by Car
Our client was hit by a car as he rode his bike home from school and sustained a serious head injury. With our help, he could access a full case management package that helped to improve his quality of life and give him a greater sense of achievement and purpose. We worked with experts in many different areas, including neurology, neurosurgery, neuropsychiatry, neuropsychology and neuroradiology, to make sure our client got the care he needed.Read Case Study
£150,000 Compensation for Army Driver Injured in Car Accident
We represented a man who suffered a back injury after a car hit the Army Land Rover Defender he was driving. Following negotiations with car driver’s insurance company, we recovered compensation so he could access support and rehabilitation to manage his lasting back pain, sleeplessness and stress. This may include further surgery in the future if it becomes necessary.Read Case Study
Can I Make a Road Accident Claim?
If you’ve been injured in a road accident that wasn’t your fault, or even if you might be partially responsible, you could still make a claim. Contact our Road Traffic Accident Solicitors to find out whether you can make a claim.
What Can I Claim Compensation For?
If you’ve been injured in a road accident as a driver, passenger, pedestrian, motorcyclist (pillion or cyclist), and the accident wasn’t your fault, you could claim compensation for:
- Your injuries
- The pain and suffering you’ve been through because of the accident
- Any lost earnings or income
- Damage to your car, motorcycle, scooter or bicycle
- Damage to personal property such as a mobile phone, satnav, laptop, child car seats, motorcycle or cycling clothing and helmets
- Rehabilitation and any other treatment you need
- Additional costs such as prescription charges and taxi fares
- Care and assistance provided by friends and relatives
- Modifications to your home, or the cost of suitable property, if the accident leaves you with a disability
- Any other aides or modifications you need to your home, car or motorcycle
Getting compensation is vital after a road accident as it funds medical treatment, rehabilitation and any care you need, along with financial support for you and your family.
What Type of Rehabilitation Can I Get?
The type of rehabilitation you could get will depend on the nature of your injuries, but may include:
- Physiotherapy - to help restore movement and function if you’ve been injured or left with a disability
- Counselling - if you’re struggling with psychological symptoms following your road traffic accident, such as anxiety and depression.
- Home adaptations - if you’ve sustained a serious injury that affects your mobility or had a limb amputated, it may be necessary to make changes to your home so you can still live independently
- Prosthetics - we can help you get the highest-quality prosthetic limbs if you had a limb amputated because of your accident
- Mobility aids - extra equipment such as wheelchairs or stairlifts could be necessary if you’re struggling with your mobility following an accident
- Occupational therapy - this can help you learn how to adapt to your new situation and how you can effectively live with your disability
What is the Claims Process?
- Free Claims Assessment - We’ll review the circumstances of your accident and complete a free claims assessment. We can quickly tell you if you have a claim.
- Getting the Evidence - Once we take your case on, we’ll start getting the evidence we need including police reports, witness statements, photographs of the scene of the accident, along with any CCTV, dash cam or helmet cam footage that’s available.
- Medical Expert Report - We’ll arrange an appointment with an independent medical expert. The expert will produce a medical report on your injuries and how they’ve affected your life. The medical report is highly valuable evidence and will help us to determine how much compensation you should get.
- Financial Impact of Your Injuries - It’s important that we include the financial impact of your accident into your claim. In some serious injury cases, you may not work again so we calculate the immediate and future financial losses to be included in your claim.
- Who is at Fault? - We’ll talk to the insurance company of the other party and ask them to accept responsibility, also known as liability, for your accident.
- Interim Payment - If the other side accepts some or full responsibility, we can apply for an interim payment of compensation. This can help you to get urgent medical or rehabilitation support and help you financially if you can’t work.
- Going to Court - Road accident claims rarely go to Court, but if yours does, we’ll support you throughout the case.
How Long Do I Have to Make a Claim?
In England and Wales, you have three years to make a road traffic accident claim from the date of the accident.
It’s important to make your claim as early as possible as this gives us more time to build a strong case for compensation and the details of the accident will be clearer for any witnesses.
If a child has been injured in a road traffic accident, you can make a claim for them while they are still a minor or they have three years from the date of their 18th birthday to make a claim.
Any time limits to make a compensation claim are paused if the person who needs to claim does not have capacity, either because of their accident or for another reason.
Can I Make a Claim for Someone Else?
Yes, as long as the person:
- Is under the age of 18
- Died in the accident
- Lacks capacity to make the claim themselves
How Much Does it Cost to Make a Road Traffic Accident Claim?
We deal with most road traffic accident claims on a No Win, No Fee basis. Please ask for us for details.
For free legal advice call our Road Traffic Accident Solicitors
We're happy to help
Monday to Friday 8:30am-7:00pm
08002 605 010
We're happy to call you
Simply click below to arrange a call
Simpson Millar Solicitors are a national law firm with over 500 staff and offices in Bristol, Cardiff, Lancaster, Leeds, Liverpool, London and Manchester.