Accident in a Public Place
For free legal advice call our Personal Injury Solicitors and we will help you. Ask if we can deal with your claim on a No Win, No Fee basis.
Our expert Personal Injury Solicitors offer clear and straightforward legal advice to people who’ve had an accident in a public place.
- Car parks
Our experienced team has helped many people claim high levels of compensation for their injuries.
For a free consultation and legal advice, get in touch with our specialist Personal Injury Solicitors.
Why Choose Simpson Millar to Help with your Accident in a Public Place Claim?
- We have some of the leading Personal Injury Solicitors and Litigation Lawyers in the UK, with many of them independently recognised in leading legal directories such as Legal 500 and Chambers UK
- We’ll give you a highly personal service, tailored specifically to your individual case
- We have a strong track record of recovering compensation for people injured in accidents in public places with No Win, No Fee cases.
- We’ll always talk to you using straightforward language, without legal jargon so you’ll always understand what’s going on with your claim.
- We’ll keep you up to date regularly and you’ll have a named person you can contact at any time
- We can help you get the care and rehabilitation support you may need after your accident
Read About Some of the People We've Helped
£53,000 compensation after pensioner falls on pavement
Mrs B was in her mid-70s when she tripped and fell on a wobbly paving slab. She suffered injuries to her hip and wrist, and a year later, had to have a hip replacement. Her compensation helped to cover the cost of care, medical treatment, physiotherapy and rehabilitation after her accident.Read the Case Study
Car Park Fall Resulted in Wrist and Leg Injuries
We helped a woman who tripped over an indent and stone in a car park and injured her wrist and foot. She had surgery that left her with scarring. With our help, she received £30,000 in compensation. This helped to pay for her treatment, including cognitive behavioural therapy.Read the Case Study
Trip outside Co-op left client with facial injuries
Our client tripped on an uneven pavement outside a Co-op store, and suffered multiple injuries including lacerations to her face. Although the shop owners offered to settle for £3,000, we felt this was too low, and managed to secure an increased settlement of £4,000.Read the Case Study
What is the Claims Process?
We want to make the claims process as easy as possible for you. Here is the process in 6 easy steps.
- Free initial consultation – we’ll talk to you about your accident in more detail, find out about your injuries and how they’ve affected you. We’ll tell you if you have a compensation claim and how we can help you.
- Assign your Solicitor – they will manage your claim. They’ll keep you up to date on your claim, and support you throughout the whole claims process.
- Who’s responsible for your accident? - We’ll find out who it is and get in touch with their insurance company. We’ll ask them to admit responsibility, also known as liability, for your accident. Most businesses and public bodies have public liability insurance in place to deal with accident claims.
- Evidence to support your claim – we’ll pull this together and it could include witness statements, independent medical expert evidence and, if possible, photographs of where the accident happened and CCTV footage.
- If they accept responsibility – either completely or partially, we could ask for an interim payment to help pay for any urgent medical treatment, rehabilitation or financial pressures. You won’t need to wait for your claim to be settled to get the support you need.
- Settle your claim - We’ll push to get you the best amount of compensation. Once your claim is settled, we’ll get the money to you as quickly as possible.
What Will I have to Pay To Make a Claim?
Most accident in a public place claims can be funded through a No Win, No Fee agreement, known as a Conditional Fee Agreement. Please ask us for details.
Is There a Time Limit for Making a Claim?
You have three years from the date of your accident to make a claim. But, we recommend you get specialist legal advice as soon as possible. This often makes it easier to get supporting evidence for your claim, such as witness statements, photos and CCTV footage.
What's the Definition of a Public Place?
A public place is anywhere that can be accessed by the general public. This includes parks, shops, pavements, roads or restaurants.
There are many different organisations that could be responsible for them. This includes councils, property owners and businesses. All of these organisations must take reasonable steps to make sure they’re safe. For example, local authorities are responsible for the upkeep of roads and pavements. As part of their duty of care, they must regularly inspect them and maintain them so they are in good condition. These duties can help us to understand who is responsible for your accident.
Common accidents in public places include:
- Slips and trips in supermarkets and shops
- Objects falling from shelves on to customers in supermarkets and shops
- Being knocked in a shop by a shop worker pushing a roll cage or stacking shelves
- A collapsing chair in a bar or restaurant
- Tripping or slipping on a dangerous step in a shop, bar, restaurant, nightclub
- Slipping on a wet floor in shops, supermarkets, bars, restaurants and nightclubs
- Slipping on spilt drinks in bars, restaurants and nightclubs
- Tripping on a pothole in a car park
- Slipping on ice
It’s not always immediately obvious who is responsible for accidents that happen while you’re out and about. That’s why it’s so important to get specialist legal advice from a Personal Injury Solicitor.
We regularly track down the organisations responsible for injuries to our clients, and we’ll do all we can to help you get the best outcome possible for your compensation claim. Even if you’re partly to blame for your accident, we could still help you claim compensation.
For free legal advice call our Personal Injury Solicitors
We're happy to help
Monday to Friday 8:30am-7:00pm
We're happy to call you
Simply click below to arrange a call
Simpson Millar Solicitors are a national law firm with over 500 staff and offices in Bristol, Cardiff, Lancaster, Leeds, Liverpool, London and Manchester.