People of any age can suffer from Meningitis and it can be a devastating illness even if it’s accurately diagnosed and treated, but our Medical Negligence Solicitors have helped many people to claim compensation after their treatment for Meningitis was delayed.
Meningitis can result in life changing injuries or even death and if doctors don’t diagnose the condition properly or give the right treatment, then you could have a Meningitis Compensation Claim.
That taking legal action can be daunting, but we’ll do all we can to make the process as simple and straightforward as possible.
Call our expert Medical Negligence Solicitors for a free claims assessment. We usually deal with medical negligence claims on a No Win, No Fee basis - ask us for details.
Why Choose Simpson Millar?
Our specialist team of Medical Negligence Solicitors have helped many families affected by meningitis mistreatment get the financial compensation, care and rehabilitation they need.
- A service tailored to your needs: we’ll consider your individual circumstances and wishes throughout the whole process, and work in a way that suits you
- Open and transparent: We’ll be upfront about everything from how the costs in your case will be met to the latest developments with your case. We’ll always speak to you in simple, straightforward language rather than legal jargon
- Help with Deputyships: If meningitis has caused a brain injury to a loved one and they lack capacity, our Court of Protection Solicitors can help you apply to become a deputy, or become your loved one’s deputy themselves
- Help with all your legal needs: We’re a national law firm with expertise in many areas, so we can also support you with other legal issues such as getting the right special education provision for your child or setting up a Personal Injury Trust so you can continue to be eligible to claim state benefits
- Working for the best settlement: We’ll do all we can to get the maximum amount of compensation for you
- Working constructively with the NHS: Our Medical Negligence Solicitors work constructively and collaboratively with the NHS to settle claims. But if we don’t think the settlement offer is good enough, we’ll tell you.
- Expert Solicitors: Our team are accredited by the Law Society, and also includes members of the Action against Medical Accidents (AvMA) Solicitors referral panel and the Law Society’s Clinical Negligence Accreditation scheme
- Partnerships with charities and specialist groups: We’re proud to work with many leading organisation, including brain injury charity Headway and the Child Brain Injury Trust
Our Major Trauma Team
If you or a loved one has suffered a life-changing injury, we can help you get the right support and advice. With Simpson Millar, you’ll have a whole team on your side. We have some of the best personal injury solicitors in England and Wales and other specialist legal teams to meet all your needs. This should reassure you that you’ve come to the right place.
You’re probably facing many day-to-day challenges after your injury, so we want to make dealing with any legal issues as seamless and stress-free as possible. Then you can focus on your recovery and living a fulfilling, independent life.
Our dedicated team have the experience and knowledge to guide you through every step. We know choosing someone to help you can be an difficult decision, but hopefully we can prove that you’ve made the best choice.
Why Claim Compensation for Meningitis Mistreatment?
It’s a difficult decision to make a medical negligence claim for meningitis, but there are some good reasons to make a claim.
Meningitis can leave you with long term physical issues, that could affect your ability to work now and in the future. Your compensation can give you a financial settlement to help pay for your needs.
This could be rehabilitation, care, any medical costs such as prescription fees and any specialist adaptations you may need in your home or vehicle.
Your compensation claim could help you to feel a sense of justice and hopefully reduce the chances of future misdiagnosis of meningitis in other people.
What is the Medical Negligence Claim Process?
Free Claims Assessment
Call us on 0808 239 6043 for a free claims assessment.
We’ll tell you if you should make a formal complaint to the NHS and we’ll talk you through the process and review the outcome of your complaint
An Independent Medical Expert will review the care you or your family member received and tell us if they think it was negligent. This will help with your claim.
Keeping You Updated
We’ll make sure you’re kept regularly updated with what’s happening with your claim.
We’ll ask if we can get you Interim Payments of compensation before your claim settles. These can help with any urgent financial or medical needs.
We’ll negotiate with the NHS to reach a fair and reasonable settlement. In nearly all cases, we settle out of Court, but if this isn’t possible, we will guide you through the Court process.
Is There a Time Limit on Claiming Medical Negligence Compensation?
Yes – you must start your claim within 3 years of the medical negligence. If you care claiming for a child, you can do this for them until they turn 18. After their 18th birthday, they have 3 years from their birthday to make a claim, unless they lack mental capacity. If so, the time limit is paused until they regain capacity.
How Do I Pay for a Medical Negligence Claim?
Most medical negligence claims are dealt with on a No Win, No Fee basis (also known as a Conditional Fee Agreement). So there’s no financial risk to you if you decide to claim compensation as you’ll only pay our legal fees if your claim is successful.
Awards & Accreditations
A number of our Clinical and Medical Negligence Solicitors are members of the Law Society’s Medical Negligence Panel and AvMA Solicitors Referral Panel.
Simpson Millar subscribes as a member of the AvMA Lawyer's Service and The Society of Clinical Injury Lawyers
For free legal advice call our Medical Negligence Solicitors
We're happy to help
Monday to Friday 8:30am-7:00pm
0808 239 6043
We're happy to call you
Simply click below to arrange a call
Simpson Millar Solicitors are a national law firm with over 500 staff and offices in Billingham, Bristol, Cardiff, Catterick, Lancaster, Leeds, Liverpool, London and Manchester.