If you’ve been injured in a car accident that wasn’t your fault, our experienced Car Accident Lawyers can help you.
We deal with all types of car accident claims, including:
- Car accidents involving foreign vehicles
- Pedestrians or cyclists hit by cars
- Passenger accident claims, including claims for children
- Motor Insurers’ Bureau (MIB) claims involving untraced and uninsured drivers
If we take on your case, one of our specialist Car Accident Lawyers will use all of their experience to get you a fair compensation settlement. This would usually include payments to compensate you for your injuries, rehabilitation support, loss of earnings, out-of-pocket expenses, and repairs to your car. We’ll manage the claim for you from start to finish so you can focus on your recovery.
Call our Car Accident Lawyers for a free claims assessment and legal advice. We’ll discuss your circumstances and tell you if you can make a claim. Many claims can be dealt with on a No Win, No Fee basis – ask us for details.
Why Choose Simpson Millar?
Here are some of the reasons you should choose us to make your road accident claim:
- Compensation Awards- We’ve secured millions of pounds in compensation for our car accident clients.
- Experts in Car Accident Claims – our specialist team of Car Accident Lawyers have years of experience dealing with all kinds of car crash injury claims
- Specialist Accreditations and Memberships – Some of our Solicitors are members of Association of Personal Injury Lawyers (APIL) and Simpson Millar is a member of the Motor Accident Solicitors Society (MASS), a national association of Solicitors who specialise in road traffic accident claims. We’re also members of the Law Society Personal Injury Accreditation Scheme
- Bespoke Service – Every car crash is different, which means that every claim is different. That’s why we offer all our clients a personalised service and we tailor our approach depending on your situation and your needs
- Always Up To Date – We’ll keep in touch with you regularly to tell you about how your claim is progressing
- Clear and Open Language – We won’t use legal jargon when we explain things and we’ll make sure we only use clear, straightforward language
- Friendly and Supportive– You may not think of Lawyers as approachable, but our team will look after you. We’ll be a friendly, approachable and supportive presence throughout your claim.
Meet The Team
Top rated by our clients - but don’t just take our word for it…
I was involved a very serious car crash where the person driving the other car was on the wrong side of the road and hit me head on. I suffered very serious injuries as a result.
Matthew Clayton, Partner and Serious Injury Solicitor took on my case and helped me to understand the claims process, gave me endless information and guided me expertly through.
Because of my extensive injuries, there was a seemingly endless list of medical experts. Matthew handled them all expertly and carefully explained how this evidence would support my claim. I was always kept well informed and when I needed clarification, I was given it.
The whole process was made easier by the caring people involved in helping me to get a successful result from my claim. Because of my experiences with Matthew, I highly recommend Simpson Millar.R Rees
Can I Make a Car Accident Claim?
When you get in touch for a free claims assessment, one of our Car Accident Lawyers will need to decide if we can prove that:
- Someone else was responsible for the accident
- You were injured because of the accident
- The accident happened in the last 3 years
Passenger Car Accident Claims
Passengers injured in a car accident can claim compensation, even if the driver of the car you were in was responsible for the accident.
You might be reluctant to make a claim against them, particularly if they’re a friend or family member. But please don’t worry, this is exactly what car insurance is for. Their car insurance company would pay the costs of a successful claim, including your compensation settlement. Your friend or family member won’t be out of pocket and you can still the compensation you need to make a full recovery.
The Other Driver Left the Scene of the Accident
Most people don’t know that you can make a car accident claim if you were injured because of a driver who fled the scene of the accident, known as an untraced driver or by an uninsured driver.
Insurance companies have to put money into a fund, managed by the Motor Insurers Bureau, to cover compensation for people who are injured by uninsured or untraced drivers. Even though the process is slightly different, we can still help you make a claim.
Can I Claim for Someone Else?
Yes. You may need to make a claim for a child under the age of 18, for someone who was so badly injured in the accident that they can’t make a claim themselves or if they died because of their injuries.
In these cases, our Car Accident Lawyers can help you as they are specialists in dealing with serious injuries and fatal car accidents.
People We Have Helped
Passenger Seriously Injured in Car Accident
A man in his 20s suffered devastating injuries and had to have his left leg partially amputated leg after the driver of the car he was travelling in as a passenger lost control. We helped him get £2.4 million in compensation. This will help him meet his day-to-day living costs and access the care and support he needs to live independently.Read the Case Study
Car Accident Leaves Passenger With Brain Injury
A young man suffered a serious brain injury as a passenger in his friend’s car. Despite his serious injuries, and after getting rehabilitation at a specialist brain injury unit, he's living independently and working part time. His compensation settlement of £1.3 million means he can continue to get the help and support he needs to live his life to the full.Read The Case Study
Head on Collision Car Crash
Mr R was 76 years old when a car, being driven on the wrong side of the road, hit him head on. He suffered from a brain injury, along with broken ribs, a badly broken arm and leg and damage to his spine. His recovery was slower because of his age and he had a higher risk of developing epilepsy and dementia because of his head injury. He was awarded £515,000 compensation.Read The Case Study
The Claims Process Explained
- We’ll give you a free claims assessment to see if we can take on your claim
- Once we take your claim on, we’ll gather evidence including police statements, accident reports, photographs taken at the scene of the accident, dash cam footage and witness statements
- We’ll carry out a full investigation to find out who’s responsible for the accident and your injuries
- We’ll arrange for you to be examined by an independent medical expert. They’ll give us a written medical report on your injuries. This will help us understand how they’ve affected your life. The medical report will also help us to understand if we need to arrange any rehabilitation or if you have any care needs.
- Once we have all the information, your Car Accident Lawyer will review it all and calculate how much compensation you should get
- If the other side accept responsibility for the accident, we could then apply for Interim Payments of compensation for you. This can help you to access medical treatment and support you need without having to wait for your case to settle. It can also help you pay your living costs if you can’t go to work because of your injuries
- If the other side accept don’t accept responsibility and your claim is scheduled to go to Court, don’t worry as only around 1% of claims actually get to Court. If a Trial date is set, we’ll continue negotiating for an out-of-Court settlement as many cases settle beforehand. Should you case be heard in Court, we’ll be there alongside you, offering support every step of the way.
How Long Do I Have to Make a Claim?
Car accident claims must be made within 3 years of the date of the accident.
How Much Will it Cost To Make a Claim?
Most of our car accident claims are dealt with on a No Win, No Fee basis. Please just ask us for details.
For free legal advice call our Road Traffic Accident Solicitors
We're happy to help
Monday to Friday 8:30am-7:00pm
08002 605 010
We're happy to call you
Simply click below to arrange a call
Simpson Millar Solicitors are a national law firm with over 500 staff and offices in Bristol, Cardiff, Lancaster, Leeds, Liverpool, London and Manchester.