Motorcycle Accident Claims Solicitors
For free legal advice call our Motorcycle Accident Claims Solicitors and we will help you. Ask if we can deal with your claim on a No Win, No Fee basis.
If you or a loved one has had a motorcycle accident, our Motorcycle Accident Solicitors can help you to make a compensation claim. It doesn’t matter if you were driving the motorcycle or riding pillion, we can help you. Our team are experts in dealing with motorcycle accident claims, which is a highly specialised area of law. We’ve got passionate bikers in our team who understand what it means to be a biker and have a good insight into some of the issues bikers face on the roads.
They work hard to get the best outcomes for injured bikers, such as access to specialist medical treatment and physiotherapy and adaptations to bikes so they can continue to ride after serious or life changing injuries.
If a family member died in a motorcycle accident, we can support you through the Inquest and attend any criminal Court if we need to. We want you to get justice for your loved one.
For a free claims assessment, contact our Motorcycle Accident Claims Solicitors. Ask if we can deal with your claim on a No Win, No Fee basis.
Adjusting to life after a serious accident can be difficult for you and for your family. If we take on your case, our Motorcycle Accident Claims Solicitors will support you and work hard to get you the rehabilitation, treatment and financial support you’ll need if you can’t work because of your injuries.
Why Choose Simpson Millar?
It’s important to think carefully about who you chose to represent you when making a Motorcycle Accident Personal Injury Claim. Here are some of the reasons why you should choose our experience team:
- Some of our Motorcycle Accident Solicitors are bikers, which means they understand the joy of riding, but also recognise the challenges that riders face after an accident. They know that motorcycle accidents are different to other road accidents and they have the specialist knowledge and understanding to get the right outcome for you
- Many other law firms don’t have Motorcycle Accident Claims Solicitors that ride and you need to make sure that the Solicitor running your claim has the right expertise so you can get the compensation you deserve
- Our team includes an experienced Moto X, Enduro, track racer and trackday instructor and former police rider. We’re also sponsors of CDH Racing - a family-run racing team. We’ve watched them progress from Supersport 600 to a full-blown British Superbike team
- We’re recognised for our expertise in personal injury claims, with the Law Society Personal Injury Accreditation Scheme and specifically in road accidents with our membership of the Motor Accident Solicitors Society (MASS). Some of our Solicitors are also members of the Association of Personal Injury Lawyers (APIL)
- We’ll tailor our service to your specific needs and you’ll be given a specific Solicitor who will stay on your case from start to finish
- We’ll make sure you’re regularly updated about your case, and explain the motorcycle accident claim process in clear, straightforward terms
- We’ll allocate you a Case Manager who will help to coordinate all your medical appointments, rehabilitation and anything else you need. They’ll be there to help support you with your needs throughout the lifetime of your claim
- Our specialist Wills and Trusts Solicitors can set up a Personal Injury Trust for you so that your lump sum payment of compensation doesn’t stop you claiming state benefits if you can’t work anymore because of your injuries
People We’ve Helped
£155,000 Compensation for Injured Biker and Pillion Rider
A biker and his wife were thrown off their bike when they were hit by a car travelling in the opposite direction. They both suffered multiple physical and psychological injuries including Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder and anxiety. We helped the rider recover £65,000 in compensation and his wife was awarded £90,000. This reflected the financial loss, damage and injuries they had and meant they could access the treatment they both needed.Read the Full Story
£63,500 Compensation for Biker Injured in Car Accident
We helped a biker who was knocked off his motorbike by a car. He was left with multiple injuries, as well as psychological symptoms including flashbacks and depression. He was awarded £63,500, which will help him manage his recovery, allow him to access further treatment and help him financially when he couldn’t work.Read the Full Story
What is the Motorcycle Accident Claims Process?
When you call us, we’ll complete a free initial assessment of your claim. After taking some details about your accident, we can tell you quite quickly if you have a claim. If you do your claim will follow this process:
Step 1 - Who is responsible for the accident?
It’s important to investigate the claim to see who is responsible. This can be quite complicated in motorcycle accident claims. We’ll gather evidence, such as witness statements, medical records, photos of the accident scene, along with any police accident reports. If you have any helmet cam footage, this be strong evidence to support your claim. We’ll also see if there is any CCTV footage of the accident too.
Step 2 – Request an Interim Payment
We’ll ask the insurance company of the other person to admit liability (fault) for the accident as early on as possible. This is really important in serious injury claims because once they’ve accepted full or partial liability, we can request an interim payment of compensation for you. This will help you pay for any specialist treatment or rehabilitation you need and can also help you financially whilst you can’t work.
Step 3 – Specialist Medical Report
We’ll arrange for you to be examined by an independent medical expert, who will prepare a report giving their professional opinion on your injuries, how they’re likely to impact your life and what treatment and rehabilitation you may need. Depending your injuries, you may need multiple medical reports from different specialist doctors. We’ll arrange all of these for you.
Step 4 – How Much Compensation You’ll Get
Once we understand the physical, mental and financial consequences of your motorcycle accident, we’ll calculate how much compensation you should get. We’ll give that figure to the other side and start working to settle your claim. We’ll always tell you when we get any offers to settle and we’ll tell you if we think you should accept the offer or not. But, ultimately, the decision is yours.
Step 5 – Settle or Go to Court
Most personal injury claims don’t go to Court, but if it does, we’ll be by your side all the way through whether your claim settles or you have to go to Court.
Motorcycle Accident Compensation FAQs
- What can I claim compensation for?
Your compensation will include a number of different items, called General Damages and Special Damages. Your compensation claim is made up of these. General Damages are the amounts you’ll for your pain and suffering and your specific injuries. Special damages is any financial loss you’ve had because of the accident.
Some of the things you can claim for are:
- Your injuries
- Any medical and rehabilitation treatment you need
- Pain and suffering caused by the accident
- Damage to your bike, helmet, gloves, boots and leathers
- Any adaptations you may need to your bike to allow you to ride again after a serious injury
- Any expenses you’ve had to pay because of the accident, such as medication, prescription fees and taxi fares
- Any care and assistance provided by your relatives. This could include cleaning, cooking, washing and personal care.
- Any lost earnings
- Any future lost earnings you will have because of your accident
- Insurance policy excess
We can also:
- Arrange an engineer’s inspection of your bike and safety equipment
- Help with the repairs to, or replacement of, your motorcycle
- Arrange physiotherapy and other rehabilitation treatments
- Help with modifications to your home if your injury causes disability, or help you find a new home that meets your needs if yours can’t be adapted
Your compensation settlement will help you get the care and support you need straight after your accident, along with any future care you will need.
- Can I make a claim for someone else?
Yes. Motorcycle accident claims can result in catastrophic injuries and sometimes death. If your loved one has died because of their injuries, or suffered a brain injury, you could make a claim on their behalf.
- What help can I get to recover from my injuries?
We can arrange for you to be assessed by an independent medical specialist, so your specific care and support needs can be identified and included in your claim. That means you’ll be able to access the care and support you need, for as long as you need it, without having to worry about the cost.
This could include private medical treatment, physiotherapy or adaptations to your home, depending on the nature of your injuries.
- Can I get interim payments?
Possibly. If you have urgent medical or financial needs, we may apply for an interim payment of compensation. This means you don’t have to wait until the case settles before you can access some of the specialist care, treatment or financial support you need.
- How long do I have to make a claim?
You have three years from the date of your motorcycle accident to make a claim. The sooner you start your claim, the easier it is for us to collect evidence and prove your case. If a child under the age of 18 is injured, the three-year limitation period starts from their 18th birthday.
- How much will it cost to claim?
We can offer No Win, No Fee funding for most motorcycle accident claims. This means you don’t pay anything if your claim isn’t successful. We’ll explain all of your options in detail.
For free legal advice call our Road Traffic Accident Solicitors
We're happy to help
Monday to Friday 8:30am-7:00pm
08002 605 010
We're happy to call you
Simply click below to arrange a call
Simpson Millar Solicitors are a national law firm with over 500 staff and offices in Bristol, Cardiff, Lancaster, Leeds, Liverpool, London, Manchester and Southport.