Serious injuries are usually life changing for you and for your loved ones. They can cause long term medical problems, leave you with a disability and financial difficulties that impact whether you can still work and support your family.
If your life has been affected by a serious injury, our Serious Injury Solicitors can help you to get compensation to take care of your future care, get any adaptations and equipment you need and get rehabilitation and treatment to help you to recover from your injuries.
Our team of specialist Personal Injury Solicitors have years of experience of handling serious injury claims. We offer a free claims assessment and legal advice so we understand more about your accident, your injuries and the impact on your life.
Meet some of our Personal Injury Solicitors
Our expert Serious Injury Solicitors have helped many people who’ve suffered serious injuries, such as:
If we take on your case, we’ll work with independent medical experts to evidence how your injuries have affected your life and work to secure the compensation, private medical care, rehabilitation and ongoing care you need and deserve.
We could deal with your claim on a No Win, No Fee basis. Please just ask us for details.
Get in touch with our Serious Injury Solicitors for a free consultation and specialist legal advice, and we can talk about how we can help you.
Why Choose Simpson Millar?
- We’re proud to have some of the UK’s leading Personal Injury Solicitors and Litigation Lawyers, as well as some exceptionally talented junior Solicitors
- We’re passionate about victims of serious accidents getting access to justice for their injuries
- We work with world-class clinicians, including doctors, nurses, occupational therapists, physiotherapists, psychologists, cosmetic surgeons and prosthetics experts, who can recommend the very best and most appropriate treatment and care packages for you
- We could visit you at home or in hospital (in England or Wales)
- Our Serious Injury Solicitors handle cases sensitively and will speak to you in straightforward language so you know exactly what’s happening with your claim
- You’ll get a personal service, tailored to your individual needs and circumstances
Major Trauma Unit - Your Lawyers For Life
Our Major Trauma Unit is here for anyone who has suffered serious, life changing injuries.
A specialist, experienced lawyer will help and support you every step of the way from the beginning of your claim, right through to the end.
Because we have a wide range of expertise in the firm, we can help you to deal with any legal issues that arise because of your injury such as making sure you have a personal injury trust in place, any employment law issues or making or reviewing a Will.
Our client Tom, talks about his accident and his recovery
Some of the People We've Helped
15 Year Old Suffers Brain Injury in Cycle Accident
Jamie was 15 when he was hit by a car cycling home from work. Whilst the hospital dealt with his broken leg and nasal bones quickly, they didn't realise he had suffered an injury to his brain. His personality changed and his family noticed that his behaviour deteriorated significantly. After a long fight, we recovered £1.5 million for Jamie, so he can continue to get the care and support he needs for the rest of his life.Read the Case Study
17 Year Old Hit By Car on Pedestrian Crossing
Our client was 17 when he was hit by a taxi driver on a pedestrian crossing, which was green in his favour. The taxi driver didn't stop and was sent to prison for dangerous driving. Our client's injuries were life changing. He had a brain injury which left him with permanent cognitive and physiological issues. His leg was also so badly damaged that he had to have a below knee amputation. His total compensation was around £6 million. This will make sure he can receive the care he needs throughout the rest of his life.Read the Case study
Assault at Work Left Man with Brain Injury
After being assaulted by a fellow employee at his job in a warehouse, our client won £560,000 in compensation after suffering from a brain injury after the assault. His employer refused to take responsibility for the accident and the claim went to trial. The judge decided that his employer was responsible.Read the Case Study
The Serious Injury Claims Process
We’ll make sure you understand exactly what will happen with your claim from start to finish, keeping you updated at every stage of the claims process.
- We offer a free initial consultation. A member of our Serious Injury team will talk to you about your accident, the effect it’s had on your life and what we can do to help
- A lead Solicitor will be assigned to your case and they will be your main point of contact
- If we take on your case, we’ll contact the other party or their insurance company and ask them to admit responsibility for your accident
- If the other side accepts full or partial responsibility, we can ask for an early Interim Payment of compensation before the case has settled. This can help you with any financial pressures and pay for urgently needed medical treatment or rehabilitation
- We’ll work with independent medical experts to understand the full impact of your injury on your life now and in the future. This will help us know what rehabilitation you need and how much compensation you should get
- We’ll also carry out a thorough investigation and collect evidence to support your claim. This could include witness statements and photographs.
- Once a suitable settlement for compensation has been agreed, we’ll make sure you get the money as soon as possible.
How Much Will It Cost?
We deal with most serious injury claims on a No Win, No Fee agreement, also known as a Conditional Fee Agreement. Please ask us for details.
What Can I Claim Compensation For?
You can claim compensation for the pain and suffering you’ve experienced and how your injury has affected your life in the short term. You can also claim compensation for the impact your injuries will have on you for the rest of your life. These are called Special Damages.
You can also claim General Damages. General Damages cover any financial losses you’ve had because of your serious injury. This could include:
- Loss of earnings if you can’t work
- Treatment, therapy and rehabilitation costs
- Medication and prescription costs
- Travel expenses to medical appointments and rehabilitation
- The cost of mobility aids, equipment and any home alterations you may need
- Getting a ground level property if necessary
The cost of a support worker, sometimes called a buddy or enabler, can also be claimed to help you regain the quality of life you had before the accident.
You can also claim for the cost of a private healthcare professional who can organise and manage appointments on your behalf, as well as the cost of a privately funded financial deputy should you need help to manage a large compensation settlement at the end of the case.
Will I Have to Go to Court?
The vast majority of the serious injury cases we deal with settle before going to Trial, so it’s very unlikely.
The first and most important aspect of any serious injury case is to gather all of the evidence and experts’ reports on what’s happened to convince the other party’s insurance company to pay the right amount of compensation.
Only in a very small number of cases is that not possible and we have to proceed to a Trial before a Judge.
Some of our Personal Injury Solicitors are members of:
For free legal advice call our Personal Injury Solicitors
We're happy to help
Monday to Friday 8:30am-7:00pm
We're happy to call you
Simply click below to arrange a call
Simpson Millar Solicitors are a national law firm with over 500 staff and offices in Billingham, Bristol, Cardiff, Catterick, Lancaster, Leeds, Liverpool, London and Manchester.