Medical Negligence Solicitors
For free legal advice call our Medical Negligence Solicitors and we will help you. Ask if we can deal with your claim on a No Win, No Fee basis.
If you have been affected by Clinical or Medical Negligence, you could claim compensation. Our team of specialist Medical Negligence Solicitors can help you with a free assessment of your case and help guide you through the process of making a claim.
We’ve recovered hundreds of millions of pounds in compensation for people who have suffered because of medical negligence. We’ve also helped them access the specialist care, treatment and rehabilitation they need to move on with their lives.
Our Medical Negligence team includes some of the UK’s leading Solicitors and Lawyers, with experts in areas such as birth injury claims, spinal injuries, cancer claims, sepsis, neurology and amputation.
We understand that taking legal action can be daunting, but we pride ourselves on our friendly and supportive approach. We give a highly personal service to each and every client.
No Win No Fee Medical Negligence Claims
We’ll work tirelessly to get the best results for you and your family. Because of our experience of working with people in your position, we understand how difficult and challenging it is to deal with injuries that happen because of medical mistakes. We deal with most medical negligence cases on a No Win, No Fee basis – just ask us for details.
For legal advice and a free claim assessment contact our Medical Negligence Solicitors.
Our Solicitors deal with many Medical Negligence Claims including:
Birth Injury Claims
Cauda Equina Syndrome Claims
Cerebral and Erb’s Palsy Claims
Compensation for Encephalitis
Delay in Diagnosis of Cancer
Eye Injury Claims
Hospital Negligence Claims
Nerve Damage Injury Claims
Surgical Error Claims
Why Choose Simpson Millar?
We have some of the best Medical Negligence Solicitors in the UK
- Our strapline is the “Open Lawyers”. That’s because we’re honest, upfront and transparent. We will speak to you in plain English without legal jargon and always check in with you to make sure you understand what’s been discussed
- We will keep you updated and informed about what’s happening with your case from beginning to end
- We care about our clients and work with them to get the best possible outcome. We also recognise that involves working with family members as they are often also affected
- Several of our Medical Negligence Solicitors are accredited by the Law Society. We’re members of the Law Society’s Medical Negligence Accreditation scheme and AvMA (Action against Medical Accidents) Solicitors Referral Panel.
What Do Our Clients Say about Us?
Mr Sean McCann, was excellent during my case, I could not fault his efforts and expertise, he returned all calls and emails and made me feel at ease throughout a difficult period in my life, I would recommend Mr McCann to anyone who needs help with clinical negligence, again thank you very much, much appreciated. David
The rating option allows a maximum 5 stars. Were it possible, I would leave 20★★★★★. From the outset when I presented my case up to the conclusion, 4 years later, I was treated with the utmost courtesy and professionalism.
My case was handled by David Thomas and I do not have the words to adequately illustrate how wonderful he was. If I say that since the conclusion of my case I have recommended another client to him and will have no hesitation in doing so again.
Thank you everyone at Simpson Millar and especially David Thomas. My case was successful, thanks to your efforts. The experience was educational and indeed enjoyable. I will be forever grateful to you.Steve
These solicitors in my opinion are the best in this country for you to use. After researching, I decided to place my trust in Simpson Millar. Good access to your solicitor (Sarah Holdsworth). Words cannot express how much I appreciate all your help and kindness in what was a very difficult situation for myself; your easy and friendly manner has made it more tolerable. The offer I received was higher than I expected. The misdiagnosis has obviously affected my life but the compensation will give me sound financial security for the future. I have no hesitation in recommending Simpson Millar to anyone. Mrs S
People We've Helped with Medical Negligence Cases
We have dealt with a huge range of medical negligence cases over the years. You can see some of these with compensation awards for our clients ranging from £3,000 to £12 million.
How Do I Claim for Medical Negligence?
To make a successful Medical Negligence claim, it must be proven that the standard of care you got was below what would be reasonably expected, and that you’ve suffered as a result of that care.
You may have a successful case if a doctor, nurse or hospital treating you failed to:
- Give adequate healthcare
- Keep proper records
- Administer medication
- Perform surgery to an adequate standard
- Diagnose your condition accurately or early enough
Contact us for a free consultation and we can discuss your situation with you, and let you know if we think you have a claim.
Meet some of our Medical Negligence Solicitors
Why Make a Medical Negligence Claim?
There are many reasons why you may want to make a Medical Negligence claim. Making a claim can help you to move on and help you to feel a sense of justice. The compensation you could get can be invaluable in many ways. It can cover things like:
- Lost earnings and income
- Cost of care and assistance
- Prescription charges and medical fees
- Help with household chores
- Travel expenses
- Out of pocket expenses
- Special care aids and appliances
Our Medical Negligence Solicitors can also help you claim bereavement damages or fatal accident compensation if you lost a loved one because of medical negligence.
What is the Claims Process?
- When you contact us for a free assessment we’ll consider your case and let you know if we can help each other.
- We’ll include some key information such as the NHS Complaints procedure, as you may have to submit a complaint before taking legal action. If this applies to your case, we can advise you on the procedure and review the outcome of a complaint.
- We’ll work with at least one independent medical specialist to assess the full extent of your injuries, if your case proceeds. This will help us work out how much compensation you could get.
- We’ll take care of all the difficult tasks, including arranging medical appointments with independent experts to supporting you in Court if your case goes all the way to Trial.
- Wherever possible we’ll apply for an interim payment which can help with getting rehabilitation or other valuable help and support before your case is resolved.
- When your case is settled, we’ll arrange for your compensation to be paid directly to you. In cases of life changing injuries, we can set up a Personal Injury Trust to ensure a client receiving a large amount of compensation remains eligible for state benefits.
Time Limits for Medical Negligence Claims
You must make a claim within 3 years of the date the Medical Negligence happened or 3 years from the date you were aware you suffered from Medical Negligence. This is called the date of knowledge.
But the time limit can be extended in some cases if:
- The injured person suffers from a mental disability
- The Medical Negligence happened to someone under 18 years old. The 3-year period will start on their 18th birthday
If you’re claiming because someone died as a result of Medical Negligence, you have 3 years from the date of their death to make a claim.
What Will it Cost?
Medical Negligence claims can be funded through a No Win, No Fee agreement, also known as a Conditional Fee Agreement. Ask us for details and we’ll explain your options in detail.
For free legal advice call our Medical Negligence Solicitors
We're happy to help
Monday to Friday 8:30am-7:00pm
08002 605 010
We're happy to call you
Simply click below to arrange a call
Awards & Accreditations
A number of our Solicitors are Law Society Accredited for Clinical Negligence, showing they are experienced and skilled in handling all aspects of Clinical Negligence cases.
Our Clinical and Medical Negligence Solicitors are members of the Law Society’s Medical Negligence Panel and AvMA (Action against Medical Accidents) Solicitors Referral Panel.
Simpson Millar is a national law firm with over 500 staff and offices in Bristol, Cardiff, Lancaster, Leeds, Liverpool, London - Euston, London - Fleet Street, London - Teddington, Manchester and Southport.