When you travel in someone else’s vehicle as a passenger, you’re putting your trust in them to get you to where you need to be safely – the driver will have what’s referred to as a “duty of care” towards you.
If you’ve been injured as a result of the driver not upholding their duty of care, either by negligent driving or bring under the influence of drink or drugs, you could be entitled to claim compensation through their insurance. You could also claim against the driver of another vehicle as a passenger if they caused the accident.
Our Road Traffic Accident Solicitors are experts and can help you get access to support, medical treatment and rehabilitation. We will also work hard to get you the compensation you deserve.
For a free no-obligation consultation, get in touch with our Road Traffic Accident team.
Meet some of our Road Traffic Accident Solicitors
Why Choose Simpson Millar?
- Accreditations and memberships – Simpson Millar is a member of the Motor Accident Solicitors Society (MASS), a national association of Solicitors specialising in road traffic accident claims. A number of our Solicitors are also members of the Association of Personal Injury Lawyers (APIL).
- Open communication – we’re the Open Lawyers, and we’ll do our best to be transparent with you at every stage of your claim. We know how important it is that you’re kept updated and we’ll make sure you’re fully informed throughout the claims process.
- Tailored service – every road traffic accident is different, we understand this and will offer a bespoke service for each of our clients. We can adapt our approach and communication depending on your situation and preferences.
- Specialist advice – our specialist team of Road Traffic Accident Solicitors have years of combined experience and will use their expertise to get you the best outcome for your claim.
- Ongoing support – if you decide to instruct us, you’ll be assigned a dedicated Solicitor who will support you throughout the claims process. We understand taking legal action can be daunting and we’ll do everything we can to make sure you feel supported at every stage.
Our Road Traffic Accident Solicitors are Highly Rated by Our Clients
How the claims process works for injured passenger claims:
Free Claims Assessment
When you first call us, you’ll be offered a free claims assessment where you can tell us what has happened and we’ll advise you if you have a strong case to make a claim.
If we can take on your case, we’ll start collating evidence which will include police statements, photos taken at the time of the accident, any dash cam footage and witness statements.
We’ll arrange for you to be seen by an independent medical expert who will provide a medical report on your condition. This will help us to build a full picture of how your injuries will affect your life.
Valuing your claim
When we have all the relevant information, we’ll review it all together and calculate how much compensation you should receive.
If the driver responsible for the accident admits responsibility, we could apply for Interim Payments. This can help to alleviate any financial worries you have about immediate costs such as bills or rent payments.
Settling your claim
We’ll do everything we can to settle your claim outside of Court and we find that most cases don’t go to Trial. If you do need to appear before a Judge, we will be there to support and prepare you.
Who Will pay for my Compensation?
If your claim is successful, it is likely that your compensation will be paid by the driver’s insurance company. This will ensure that you get the compensation you’re entitled to, rather than the person at fault receiving a bill that they cannot pay.
If the driver of the vehicle was not insured at the time of the accident, you will have the option to claim through the Motor Insurers' Bureau (MIB). The MIB was set up to make sure that anyone affected by a road traffic accident can receive the support and compensation they deserve.
Our Major Trauma Unit
If you or a loved one has suffered a serious injury in a road traffic accident, it’s likely that the impact on your life will be multi-faceted. We understand that making a claim isn’t only about compensation.
Our Road Traffic Accident Solicitors can also work with our other expert teams who can help you. For example, if you’ve suffered a life-changing injury, you may need to move into a new home that is more suitable for your needs – our Conveyancing Solicitors can support you with this. You could need someone to set up a Trust to protect your personal injury compensation, need a Will drafting or have an issue with your employer. We can work as one to get you into a better place.
When you use Simpson Millar, you’ll have the ability to access the support of numerous specialists in various areas of law. Get in touch today for more information.
Compensation for Injured Passenger After Colleague Fell Asleep at Wheel
We helped Jason get compensation and physiotherapy after he was badly injured when his colleague fell asleep while driving.Read Case Study
Passenger Injured in Road Traffic Accident Gets Compensation
Our Road Traffic Accident Solicitors helped a car passenger get treatment for his injuries after the car he was travelling in was hit by a van.Read Case Study
£38,000 Compensation for Passenger Injured in Car Accident
Our client suffered multiple injuries when the car she was travelling in as a passenger was hit by another vehicle. Read how we helped her to claim.Read Case Study
For free legal advice call our Road Traffic Accident Solicitors
We're happy to help
Monday to Friday 8:30am-7:00pm
0808 239 6443
We're happy to call you
Simply click below to arrange a call
Simpson Millar Solicitors are a national law firm with over 500 staff and offices in Billingham, Bristol, Cardiff, Catterick, Lancaster, Leeds, Liverpool, London and Manchester.