This policy also outlines your rights regarding your personal data, and what steps you can take if you have a complaint.
Who we are
Simpson Millar is a data controller bound by the requirements of the General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR) and the Data Protection Act 2018. Our registered office is 39 St Paul’s Street, Leeds West Yorkshire LS1 2JG.
Please address any questions, comments or requests regarding how we process your information to our Data Protection Officer (DPO) Paul Bradley, Direct Dial telephone number: 0113 306 2835 Email: [email protected]
What personal data will we collect?
- Your name, address and telephone number
- Information to enable us to check and verify your identity - eg: your date of birth or passport details
- Electronic contact details - e.g: your email address and mobile phone number
- Information relating to the matter in which you are seeking our advice or representation
- Financial details relevant to your instructions, such as the source of your funds if you are instructing on a purchase transaction
We may also collect other personal information, depending on why you have instructed us, including:
- Your National Insurance and tax details
- Your bank and/or building society details
- Details of your spouse/partner, marital status and dependants or other family members - e.g: if you instruct us on a family matter or a Will
- Your employment status and details including salary and benefits - e.g: if you instruct us on matters related to your employment or in which your employment status or income is relevant
- Your medical history or records - e.g: if we are acting for you in a personal injury claim
- Details of disabilities you have if relevant to your case
- Information to enable us to undertake a credit or other financial checks on you
- Your nationality and immigration status and information from related documents, such as your passport or other identification, and immigration information
- Your employment records including, where relevant, records relating to sickness and attendance, performance, disciplinary, conduct and grievances (including relevant special category personal data) - e.g: if you instruct us on matters related to your employment or in which your employment records are relevant
- Your racial or ethnic origin, gender and sexual orientation, religious or similar beliefs - e.g: if you instruct us on a discrimination claim
- Your trade union membership - e.g: if you instruct us on a discrimination claim or your matter is funded by a trade union
- Information on open social media accounts in the public domain only where relevant to your claim