If you or a loved one has suffered from medical negligence in an A&E department, our Medical Negligence Solicitors can help you. Our expert team offer a free claims assessment to understand if you have a medical negligence claim and how we could help you.
A&E departments can be highly pressured and fast-paced working environments where staff often work long hours with limited resources. The care they provide is mostly excellent and meets the highest standards but emergency treatment errors are common.
If we think you have a valid claim and take on your case, we’ll work hard to get the best outcome for you. We'll work closely with the NHS to make sure that lessons are learned whilst also getting your claim resolved and your compensation paid as soon as possible.
Meet some of our Medical Negligence Solicitors
Why Choose Simpson Millar?
Our Medical Negligence Solicitors are some of the country’s most experienced specialists in this area of law. We can help you to start to rebuild your life after suffering from avoidable medical errors.
- We care - you are an individual and you deserve to be treated that way. We’ll consider your needs and circumstances every step of the way
- Open and transparent - We’ll speak to you in easy to understand language, not legal jargon. We’ll keep you regularly updated so you always know what’s happening with your claim
- A fair outcome - We’ll push for you to get the full amount of compensation you’re entitled to, so all your short and long term needs can be met
- Working with the NHS – We aim to settle medical negligence claims through mediation. This hopefully means you won’t need to go to Court. We can also ask that the NHS learns lessons from your case and that similar mistakes aren’t made again
- Industry recognition - We’re members of the Law Society’s Clinical Negligence Accreditation scheme and the Action against Medical Accidents (AvMA) Solicitors referral panel. These appointments show our expertise in Medical Negligence claims
- Working with leading organisations - We’re partners of BRAKE, Headway, the Spinal Injuries Association, the Child Brain Injury Trust and The British Lung Foundation.
Our Major Trauma Team
If you or a loved one has suffered a life-changing injury, we can help you get the right support and advice. With Simpson Millar, you’ll have a whole team on your side. We have some of the best personal injury solicitors in England and Wales and other specialist legal teams to meet all your needs. This should reassure you that you’ve come to the right place.
You’re probably facing many day-to-day challenges after your injury, so we want to make dealing with any legal issues as seamless and stress-free as possible. Then you can focus on your recovery and living a fulfilling, independent life.
Our dedicated team have the experience and knowledge to guide you through every step. We know choosing someone to help you can be an difficult decision, but hopefully we can prove that you’ve made the best choice.
Types of A&E Negligence Claims
Delays - A&E departments decide who gets treated first using a scale - the most serious injuries first. Delays in diagnosis and in giving treatment can lead to initial injuries getting worse, and in some cases, death. If the delay in diagnosis and treatment in A&E was unreasonable and your condition worsened, you could claim compensation for the avoidable pain, suffering and financial losses caused as a result.
Misdiagnosis - If your condition or injury is incorrectly diagnosed, it can get worse without the right treatment and, in some case, can have fatal consequences.
Medical Treatment Errors - The doctor examining you may not refer you for appropriate tests, misinterpret a test, x-ray or scan results, not examine you properly or make mistakes when taking your medical history.
Whatever A&E negligence you’ve suffered, we can help you to understand if you have a claim. Get in touch with one of our specialist Medical Negligence Lawyers for a Free Claims Assessment.
What Is The Medical Negligence Claims Process?
- Free claims assessment: Call us on 0800 260 5010 or request a callback and we’ll have a free, no obligation chat about your situation and quickly tell you if we can take on your A&E negligence claim.
- NHS Complaints Process: we may suggest that you go through the NHS complaints procedure if you received inadequate or negligent care at A&E as It could help your claim. We can help you make the complaint and review the outcome.
- Expert medical assessment: We’ll work with one or more independent medical experts who will look at the standard of your care and then assess your injuries, how they’ve affected your life and the impact they could have on you in the future. This helps us work out how much compensation you should claim.
- Support throughout your case: A&E negligence cases can be complicated, and involve detailed investigation to prove the case. But we’ll take care of the claim for you, so you can focus on your recovery.
- Applying for an Interim Payment: If possible, we’ll apply for an interim payment of compensation, so you can get the treatment and rehabilitation you need before the case settles.
- Negotiate to settle the claim: We’ll aim to settle your medical negligence claim as quickly as possible, so you can start rebuilding your life and the NHS can make the changes it needs to without delay. Our Solicitors work closely with NHS Resolution to reach a fair and reasonable settlement. Most medical negligence claims settle without going to Court, but if your claim does end up in Court, we’ll guide you through the process.
- Compensation: Once a settlement has been agreed, we’ll arrange how your compensation will be paid. We’ll give you advice on whether you need a Personal Injury Trust, so you can still claim state benefits.
Is There a Medical Negligence Claims Time Limit?
Most claims must be made within three years of the date of the medical negligence. But some A&E errors might not be noticed for many months, until further symptoms are being assessed by another doctor or nurse, so the 3 year time limit would start from the date you became aware there was a problem.
What Will It Cost To Make A Medical Negligence Claim?
Most medical negligence claims can be funded through a No Win, No Fee agreement, also known as a Conditional Fee Agreement (CFA). Call us on 0808 239 6043 or make an enquiry and we’ll give you a Free Claims Assessment.
Read the Latest Articles and Case Studies
For free legal advice call our Medical Negligence Solicitors
We're happy to help
Monday to Friday 8:30am-7:00pm
0808 239 6043
We're happy to call you
Simply click below to arrange a call
Simpson Millar Solicitors are a national law firm with over 500 staff and offices in Billingham, Bristol, Cardiff, Catterick, Lancaster, Leeds, Liverpool, London and Manchester.