Fibromyalgia is a life-changing condition that can make everyday life more difficult. So we want to make it easier for you to live with the condition and get the treatment you need. If you suffer from fibromyalgia because of an accident that wasn’t your fault, our team of specialist Serious Injury Solicitors could help you claim compensation.
We’re experts in helping our clients get compensation, so they can access the best support and rehabilitation services.
We can give you information to help you find the best possible treatment, so you can help to learn to live with your fibromyalgia and enjoy a better quality of life.
Why Choose Simpson Millar?
- Our Serious Injury Solicitors are recognised experts in this area of law, with many of us are leading Solicitors listed in independent legal guides and holding industry accreditations
- We regularly act for clients who are diagnosed with fibromyalgia after an accident, in particular people who have suffered neck and back injuries
- We can also represent you if you already suffered from fibromyalgia before you had an accident, but the accident led to a severe flare-up of your pain and your condition getting worse
- Our experience means we can help you even if the other party is disputing the cause of your symptoms
- We can arrange for you to be seen by one or more medical experts, so you can get a specialist view on the cause and extent of your symptoms and the most appropriate treatment for you
- Our service will be tailored to your specific, individual needs, and we’ll make sure you’re kept up to date throughout the whole claims process
Can I Claim Compensation?
If your fibromyalgia symptoms have been caused by someone else’s negligence, you may have a claim for compensation.
Any compensation settlement will reflect your unique circumstances, such as:
- Your age
- How your symptoms have affected your life
- Your ability to work
- The financial impact of your injury
- The severity of the pain you’ve experienced
- Whether you need additional care and assistance, and how much this will cost
- How you’ve been affected psychologically
- Your future medical prognosis
If we can take on your case, we’ll carry out a thorough investigation of your situation so we can accurately value your claim and how much compensation you need.
What Rehab and Support is Available for Fibromyalgia?
While there’s no cure for fibromyalgia, steps can be taken to improve your quality of life.
After you’ve discussed treatment and care with your GP, we can help put together an injury care plan. There’s no one-size-fits-all approach to treating fibromyalgia, so this plan will reflect your specific needs and circumstances. Sometimes this treatment is not available on the NHS so we can help fund this treatment.
It may also include treatments from several different healthcare professionals, such as:
You may also be advised to take several types of medication to manage your condition, including painkillers, anti-depressants and remedies to help you sleep.
The injury care plan may also include alternative treatments such as:
- Hydrotherapy - swimming, sitting or exercising in a heated pool
- Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT)
- Psychotherapy - a therapy that involves talking through thoughts and feelings
Some of these treatments can help to de-stress people suffering with fibromyalgia. While these therapies aren’t a cure, they can reduce the exacerbating factors that make symptoms worse.
What is the Claims Process?
- You speak with one of our team at no cost, as we offer a free claims assessment. We’ll speak with you about your situation, and give our view of whether you have a chance of successfully claiming compensation.
- A Solicitor will be assigned to your case. We give our clients a single point of contact within our Serious Injury team, so you’ll always know who you need to talk to.
- We’ll gather evidence to support your claim, including a medical report prepared by an independent medical expert. We’ll arrange for you to be assessed by this expert, so they can give us details of your condition and how it could affect your life.
- We’ll also assess the financial impact of your injury, such as how much any recommended treatment will cost, and include this in our valuation of your claim.
- We’ll contact the person or party you hold responsible, asking them to agree to fund a package of treatment tailored to your needs and help you on the road to recovery.
- If they agree to do so, and accept they’re responsible for your injury, we may ask for an interim payment of compensation, as you may not be able to wait until the final settlement for financial, medical or rehabilitation support.
Funding My Claim
Fibromyalgia claims are often handled on a No Win, No Fee basis. This means if we don’t secure your compensation for you then you won’t have to pay us for any of the legal work that we’ve done up until that point. Just ask us for details.
Time Limits on Fibromyalgia Claims
In England and Wales, you have three years to claim compensation for fibromyalgia, starting from the date you had your accident or when you first became aware of the problem.
For free legal advice call our Personal Injury Solicitors
We're happy to help
Monday to Friday 8:30am-7:00pm
We're happy to call you
Simply click below to arrange a call
Simpson Millar Solicitors are a national law firm with over 500 staff and offices in Bristol, Cardiff, Lancaster, Leeds, Liverpool, London and Manchester.