The Local Authority is legally required to conduct an Annual Review of your child’s EHCP, prior to their transfer to a new phase of education.
Local Authority’s usually start this process in the Autumn term.
Not all the phases of education will apply to your child; however, the phases of education include:
- relevant early years education to school;
- infant school to junior school;
- primary school to middle school;
- primary school to secondary school;
- middle school to secondary school; or
- secondary school to a post-16 institution.
Following the Annual Review, an amended EHCP must be issued specifying your child’s current school and the school they will attend for the next phase of their education within Section I.