How Much Compensation for Spinal Cord Injury?
This isn’t an easy question to answer as it depends on the circumstances. In successful cases claimants are awarded General Damages and Special Damages. For complete details see our Compensation Payouts Guide for Spinal Injuries.
What Can I Claim Compensation For?
A compensation settlement should ensure you get the treatment and support you need as a result of your spinal cord injury, and get back in the financial position you’d have been in had you not been injured in the first place.
Your Personal Injury Solicitor will arrange for you to undergo an independent medical assessments, so reports outlining your injury and long-term care needs can be drawn up. With this information, we can identify specifically what you need and include the costs in our valuation of your claim. This could include:
- The cost of professional care and assistance. This could include the cost of support workers or PAs, cleaners, gardeners and people who can maintain your property.
- Payments to cover the cost of care that you have received from your friends and family
- Private medical treatment
- Ongoing rehabilitation and therapy
- Adaptations to your home
- Buying, maintaining and replacing mobility aids, such as wheelchairs and stairlifts
- Buying, maintaining and replacing technology and equipment that will make your life safer and easier
- Increased costs to go on holidays
We’ll also consider the financial impact that your spinal cord injury has had on your life, so we’ll ensure the value of your claim reflects any loss of earnings you’ve experienced and are likely to have in the future.
In addition, we’ll look at ensuring you’re compensated for various out-of-pocket expenses you’ve incurred since your injury, such as prescription charges and the cost of travelling to medical appointments.
In short, a correctly valued compensation settlement can help aid your recovery and assist you with everyday living.
It’s therefore very important that you deal with a specialist in this area of law, as an expert Personal Injury Solicitor will understand the complexities involved, as well as the full impact a spinal injury can have on a person’s life.
We’ll work hard to get you a compensation settlement that genuinely meets your needs, and gives you a sense of justice and financial security in the future.