Our Equal Opportunity Statement
Simpson Millar is committed to providing equal opportunities in employment, in the provision of services to clients and in the use of external services. This means that our clients, suppliers, all job applicants and employees will receive equal treatment regardless of sex (including gender reassignment), sexual orientation, race, colour, ethnic origin, nationality, disability, marital status, caring or parental responsibilities, age, or beliefs on matters such as religion and politics.
Selection criteria and processes will not discriminate unjustifiably on grounds of sex, sexual orientation, marital status, race, ethnic or national origins, colour, religion or beliefs, disability or age.
Job advertisements will contain a brief statement that Simpson Millar is an equal opportunities employer.
Where appropriate, staff responsible for recruitment will receive training in equal opportunities.
The firm is committed to provide an environment in which the rights and dignity of all its employees are respected, and which is free from discrimination, prejudice, intimidation and all forms of harassment including bullying.
- To create an environment in which individual differences and the contributions of all our staff are recognised and valued.
- Every employee is entitled to a working environment that promotes dignity and respect to all. No form of intimidation, bullying or harassment will be tolerated.
- Training, development and progression opportunities are available to all staff.
- Job advertisements will contain a brief statement that Simpson Millar LLP is an equal opportunities employer.
- We will regularly review our employment practices and procedures to ensure fairness.
Monitoring And Review
To ensure that this policy is operating effectively (and for no other purpose) the firm maintains records of employees’ and applicants’ racial origins, gender and disability.
Ongoing monitoring and regular analysis of such records provide the basis for appropriate action to eliminate unlawful direct and indirect discrimination and promote equality of opportunity.
Disciplinary And Grievance Procedures
Simpson Millar will treat seriously any grievance raised as a result of discrimination or harassment on the grounds of race; racial group; colour; ethnic or national origins; sex; sexual orientation; marital status; religion or beliefs; disability or age by an employee and investigate the same thoroughly. Any employee who is found to be guilty of discrimination or harassment will be subject to action under the Firm’s Disciplinary Procedure.
Contact our team Today!
Fill in the form below for a no obligation, case assessment or call our team today on: 0800 260 5010