Nick is a Solicitor specialising in Education Law. He began working for Simpson Millar in 2014, helping parents with appeals to the Special Educational Needs and Disability Tribunal, disability discrimination claims and admissions appeals, as well as other issues such as pupils out of education and transport.
Nick has extensive experience on a range of Education Law matters, including:
- Applications for EHCP Needs Assessments
- Appeals to the SEND Tribunal against refusals to perform EHCP Assessments, refusals to issue EHCPs as well as appeals against the contents of EHCPs and decisions to cease to maintain a plan.
- Securing preferred placements at specialist and residential schools
- Disability Discrimination claims
- Upper Tribunal appeals mostly around EHCPs
- Judicial Reviews
- Home to School Transport issues
- School Admissions and Exclusions
Throughout his educational and work career Nick has fostered a passion for Human Rights and access to justice. Nick is also a Committee Member of the Lancaster and Morecambe District Law Society.
Interests outside of work
Nick enjoys creative writing, reading and cooking. He provides a foster home for cats with a local charity.