Get in touch
Trainee Solicitor, Education & Community Care
Nick is a Trainee Solicitor specialising in Education Law. He began working for Simpson Millar in 2014, helping parents with appeals to the Special Educational Needs and Disability Tribunal, disability discrimination claims and admissions appeals, as well as other issues such as pupils out of education and transport.
Nick has extensive experience on a range of Education Law matters, including:
- Applications for Education, Health and Care Needs Assessments
- Appeals to the Special Educational Needs and Disability Tribunal against refusals to perform Education, Health and Care Needs Assessments, refusals to issue Education, Health and Care Plans as well as appeals against the contents of Education, Health and Care Plans and decisions to cease to maintain a plan.
- Securing preferred placements at specialist and residential schools
- Disability Discrimination claims
- Upper Tribunal appeals
- Judicial Reviews
- Home to School Transport issues
- School Admissions and Exclusions.
Nick advises parents and represent clients on a wide range of educational matters. Nick trained and qualified as a Supervisor for matters funded by the Legal Aid Agency in 2016.
Nick gained his degree in Law at Lancaster University in 2010, followed by achieving a Masters with Distinction in Legal Practice at University of Central Lancashire in 2018.
Throughout his educational and work career Nick has fostered a passion for Human Rights and access to justice. In addition, he is currently a governor at a Morecambe Community High School, where he is a member of the Student Welfare Committee. Nick is also a Committee Member of the Lancaster and Morecambe District Law Society.
Interests outside of work
Nick enjoys creative writing, reading and cooking. He provides a foster home for cats with a local charity.
Nick was awarded the Litigation Award for achieving the highest score in his cohort in Civil and Criminal Litigation at the University of Central Lancashire.