Partner, Serious Injury Solicitor
As always Rose, Many thanks from all of Jean’s extended family for your help, support and compassion. You are truly a very special person and a credit to your profession. From my own personal standpoint you have made this whole experience so incredibly simple and guided me through every step of paperwork, I’m not sure there is anyone who could have been so easy to work with. Stay safe and keep doing what you do so incredibly well. Matthew
One of the best!! I am so glad I went with this company. I met Rose where I work, explained my situation and she was so helpful so I decided to go with her. Every time I was in a panic or didn’t fully understand, Rose explained everything to me in a nice, calm professional manner. Rose will fight for your claim and she won’t back down and that’s what you want. Shamila Akhtar
- A £4.38m settlement for a 38-year-old lady who suffered a traumatic above knee amputation when a drunk driver collided with the rear of her leg as she stood at the back of her car
- £2.2m for a 28-year-old brain-injured soldier who was left with severe fatigue issues following a head-on collision with a car
- £500,000 for a severe psychiatric reaction to a minor injury at work that left the Claimant in his 50s unable to leave his house. This matter was hotly disputed due to fears that the Claimant would have developed these issues in any event
- £615,000 for a husband who lost his wife and mother of his then 11-year-old daughter in a head on collision. The claimant also had some serious injuries from which he fortunately recovered. The Claimant had to retire from his role and take on part time work to enable him to parent his daughter
- £650,000 for a 28-year-old lady who suffered a traumatic amputation of her thumb on her dominant hand following an accident on a farm
Rose specialises in complex serious injury claims, as well as cases concerning high value brain injuries, amputations, orthopaedic injuries, loss of sight, scarring and fatal accidents. She has a particular expertise in motorbike accident claims as Rose is one of our Solicitors who rides motorbikes.
Rose loves travelling to meet her clients personally and always strives to be personable and approachable, as she believes client care to be key to a successful outcome.
She prides herself on being easy to contact, so ensures all her clients have access to her mobile telephone number.
Rose offers a 0% success fee on most of her cases, ensuring 100% recovery of compensation for the majority of her clients.
Rose joined Simpson Millar in 2016, but brought with her more than 20 years’ of previous experience. She was first a Trainee Solicitor with Mendelson’s Solicitors from 1994 to 1996, then joined Fenton’s Solicitors, where she was promoted to Partner in 2000. She then moved to Slater and Gordon as Principal Lawyer, where she worked from 2013 to 2016.
A member of the Association of Personal Injury Lawyers, Rose also supports the work of the Security Industry Authority, and the charities Brake and Headway.
In addition, Rose is the co-founder of www.linkeduplawyers.co.uk, a collaborative working group of lawyers who provide excellent client care and do not charge a success fee.
Rose was awarded Claimant Team of the Year at the Personal Injury Awards 2018. She was also shortlisted for the Law Society Solicitor of the Year 2017 and at The Law Society Excellence Awards 2018.
Rose was recommended by the Legal 500 2017 edition, which said: “Rose Gibson is an outstanding claimant Lawyer who will always go the extra mile to ensure that her clients achieve the best possible outcomes. Gibson is also known for her work representing families at Inquests."
Interests outside of work
Rose enjoys motorcycling, swimming, keeping fit and dog walking.