Our Industrial Disease Solicitors can help you claim compensation for a work related illness and access the care and support you need. You deserve to be protected at work to ensure your safety is maintained. We have a huge amount of experience fighting for justice on behalf of our clients and offer a Free assessment to see if you have a claim for compensation. We also work on a No Win, No Fee basis so there is no financial risk to you.
Some of our clients were exposed years ago to a known hazard, such as asbestos, by employers who are no longer trading. We can still help in making an industrial disease claim in these circumstances. This is especially true when the symptoms of the exposure often do not present themselves until years later.
Taking the Stress Out of Making a Claim
When someone is suffering as a result of exposure to a hazardous substance at work, we understand that making an industrial disease claim can be very upsetting for our clients and their families. Our friendly and experienced team of specialists will be with you every step of the way, holding your hand and guiding you through the claims process.
Our Industrial Disease Solicitors have an enviable track record of securing compensation for our clients and will take an efficient yet sympathetic approach to handling your case.
We can also advise on what state benefits you’re entitled to receive and help you access support from patient charities supporting you through what can be a very difficult time.
We Deal with a Wide Variety of Industrial Disease Claims including
Why Choose Simpson Millar?
- Our Industrial Disease Solicitors are specialists with an enviable track record of helping clients secure substantial amounts of compensation and access to treatment not available on the NHS
- We’re known as ‘The Open Lawyers’, as we’re open and honest with clients at all times
- We’ll speak to you in plain English rather than legal jargon, and we won’t hit you with any hidden costs
- We care what happens to you and will work hard on your behalf to secure you the justice you deserve
- You’ll always be kept informed about the progress of your case, and we’ll tailor our service to your specific situation
- Because we are industrial disease specialists we have close links with many patient organisations, charities and consultants, so we can refer you to groups dedicated to helping you live with your condition. It is not just about the compensation but also providing all the help we can
- Simpson Millar is a proud sponsor of the British Lung Foundation and actively supports Action Mesothelioma Day.
People We've Helped Talk About their Experience
Ted was diagnosed with Mesothelioma after feeling breathless. He was exposed to Asbestos at work in 1959. He now knows his wife is safe and secure for the future. Watch Ted's story.
Sheila spoke about her husband Eddie who had been working in the building industry since he was 14. After a bad chest infection, he was diagnosed with Asbestos related Pleural Plaques. Eddie started a claim before he died, but Sheila knows he would have like to know she was looked after because of the compensation. See Sheila's story.
Other People We've Helped
- £200,000 Compensation Awarded for Mesothelioma
- £135,000 Compensation for Asbestos Exposure at Work
- £40,000 Compensation for Asbestos Related Pleural Thickening
What is an Industrial Disease?
An industrial disease is any illness caused or made worse by work. Many industries are particularly high-risk, such as construction, engineering, mining and metal/foundry works.
Symptoms of some of these conditions can take many years to become noticeable, so you may not know exactly where you were put at risk, and if you do, the company responsible may no longer be trading.
However, we’re experts at tracing those responsible and maintain a database of companies and their insurers. So even if you were exposed to harm at work a long time ago and the company responsible isn’t now in business, we may still be able to help you.
Our Industrial Disease Solicitors have the expertise to make the difference between winning or losing a case, and maximising the amount of compensation you can be awarded.
How Much Compensation Will I Receive?
Each industrial disease claim is unique, so to value your claim, we’ll have to take a detailed look at your individual situation. However, compensation will cover factors such as:
- The severity of your illness
- How much support and rehabilitation you need
- Loss of earnings
- Pain and suffering
- Medical expenses
Can I Get Interim Payments?
We want you to start on the road to recovery without delay. So if the other party admits partial or full liability (fault) and they’re insured, we can apply for Interim Payments of compensation for you early on.
That means you can cover urgent costs such as regular household expenses, outstanding debts and mobility equipment without having to wait for legal proceedings to end.
Funding Your Case
Industrial disease claims can often be funded through a No Win, No Fee agreement, just ask us for details.
Charities we Support
We are proud to support the following charities in the incredible work that they do:
Maggie's Cancer Charity
An organisation that provides free cancer support and information in centres across the UK and online.
British Lung Foundation
A charity dedicated to promoting lung health and supporting people affected by lung disease, including patients and their families.
Asbestos Awareness & Support Cymru (AASC)
A charity based in Wales that gives essential help and support to people living with asbestos-related illnesses and their families.
Macmillan Cancer Support
One of the largest charities in the country that provides wide-ranging information and support to those affected by cancer, and campaigns for improved healthcare for cancer patients.
For free legal advice call our Personal Injury Solicitors
We're happy to help
Monday to Friday 8:30am-7:00pm
We're happy to call you
Simply click below to arrange a call
Latest Articles & Case Studies
Simpson Millar Solicitors are a national law firm with over 500 staff and offices in Bristol, Cardiff, Lancaster, Leeds, Liverpool, London and Manchester.