The family of a man who died and later learnt that his death was as a consequence of an asbestos related illness have issued a heartfelt appeal to his ex-colleagues for information about his working conditions.
Arthur Isaac was aged 87 when he died and after seeking medical help from his GP having suffered from a shortness of breath and a cough.
Following his death his family were advised that he had suffered from an asbestos disease called asbestosis as a result of exposure to asbestos and that this had contributed to his death.
His family have now instructed Asbestos Solicitors at Simpson Millar to investigate his employment history, amidst concerns that he was exposed to asbestos fibres whilst working as a lorry driver for a London shopfitting firm.
They are now calling on those he may have worked with at Charles Spreckley and Company Ltd based in Grays Inn Road between 1953 and 1970.
Speaking to his family before his death, he spoke of his role loading and unloading the lorry during which he recalled handling asbestos lining used in the shopfitting process and which he helped to rip out and waited to be fitted.
His wife, Jacqueline Isaac who now lives in Loughton, Essex said, “After Arthur became ill his quality of life massively deteriorated. Before his illness he was fit and active but then he started to suffer with breathlessness and an awful cough which affected his mobility. He became frustrated at not being able to drive or do jobs around the house. It was so sad to see how he lost interest in it all.”
“If anyone has even the smallest bit of insight into the working conditions at Charles Spreckley during this period, please do get in contact.”
The family’s Solicitor Deborah Krelle, who specialises in asbestos claims said, “Negligent exposure to asbestos has a devastating impact on the lives of thousands of people every year.”
“We are asking for anyone who worked at Charles Spreckley and Company Ltd in the 1950s and through to the 1970s to come forward with information about the working conditions and protective personal equipment used, as well as the presence of asbestos during the shopfitting process. Likewise, if you had a family member who worked for the company at this time please do get in touch."
If you have any information regarding this case, please contact Deborah Krelle on 0808 129 3320 or request a callback using the form below.
"Mr Isaac’s family are understandably devastated by his death and very eager to better understand where and when he was exposed to asbestos materials, and whether more could have been done to protect him."
Industrial Disease Solicitor
Get in touch, today!
Fill in the form below to get in touch with one of our dedicated team members, or call our team today on: 0808 239 0144