You may be eligible to claim IIDB if you developed one of the 70 diseases covered by the scheme, including:
- Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (COPD)
- Industrial Deafness
- Pneumoconiosis (including silicosis and asbestosis)
- Osteoarthritis of the knee
- Vibration White Finger
- Diffuse Mesothelioma
- Other asbestos related diseases such as primary carcinoma of the lung
- Unilateral or bilateral diffuse pleural thickening
Our Industrial Disease Solicitors can let you know if your condition is covered by the IIDB scheme, so get in touch and we can discuss your situation with you and whether you could make a claim.
You should be aware that if you were self-employed at the time you were exposed to the event that triggered your industrial disease, you will not be eligible for IIDB. However, in some circumstances, some sub-contractors could be able to claim. Again, our Industrial Disease Solicitors can advise you on this.