If you’ve been injured because of medical negligence whilst having eye treatment, contact our expert Medical Negligence Solicitors for a free claims assessment.
While most eye problems can be routine to deal with, mistakes can and do happen. If your eye condition is made worse or goes undiagnosed by health professionals, you could claim compensation for medical negligence.
Our friendly and compassionate Medical Negligence Lawyers have a strong track record of helping people who’ve suffered eye injuries in hospital.
We’ll quickly tell you if we think your claim has a good chance of being successful claim and we’ll talk you through your options to pay for it – we take on most medical negligence claims on a No Win, No Fee basis.
So if you think a mistake has been made with your eye treatment, get in touch for a free claims assessment.
Why Choose Simpson Millar?
Our Medical Negligence Solicitors understand that while getting the right compensation settlement is important, making a claim isn’t just about the money.
It can help you feel a sense of justice and that lessons will be learnt so that others don’t have to suffer as you have.
- No two medical negligence claims are the same, so we’ll tailor our service to your specific situation
- We pride ourselves on speaking to our clients in easy to understand language and we won’t use legal jargon
- We’ll make the claims process as stress-free as possible. We’ll always keep you up to date with you claim and you can always get in touch with your Medical Negligence Lawyer if you need to
- We’ll work to recover the maximum amount of compensation for your injuries
- If you suffer a serious injury or lose your vision because of medical negligence, your life could be seriously affected. You may need adaptations to your home, aids or appliances. These will be included in your claim, along with any care, support or therapy that you need
- We’ll explore non-confrontational ways of reaching a settlement for your claim, but that doesn’t mean that we won’t fight for you so you get the settlement you deserve
- Some of our Medical Negligence Lawyers are members of the Law Society’s Clinical Negligence Accreditation scheme and the Action against Medical Accidents (AvMA) Solicitors panel
- We can offer you any additional legal support you need such as a Personal Injury Trust, so you can continue to claim state benefits after receiving a lump sum of compensation
Delayed Treatment Caused Loss of Sight
We helped our client get compensation to cover cost of additional care she needs after losing sight in her left eye. She’d sought treatment for a problem with her right eye, but clinicians failed to consider that this issue might affect the other eye too, which led to a permanent loss of vision on her left side.Read Full Case Study
GP Failed To Spot Giant Cell Artheritis
We helped a man who was diagnosed with Giant Cell Arteritis and permanently lost the vision in his right eye because his GP failed to refer him to hospital as an emergency. With our help, the claim was settled amicably without having to go to Court.Read Full Case Study
Partial Blindness Caused by Not Following Guidelines
Our elderly client had undergone an eye consultation in hospital, but guidelines weren’t followed and his condition wasn’t monitored in the following years. He later developed a rare, degenerative eye condition that led to partial blindness, which could have been avoided had the proper checks been carried out.Read Full Case Study
A Lack of Monitoring in Diabetic Man Caused Delayed Glaucoma Diagnosis
Our client was referred to hospital after suspecting he may have glaucoma linked to his diabetes, but no evidence of glaucoma was found, and he was discharged without any follow-up checks being arranged or recommended. But seven years later, he started noticing blurred vision in his right eye and was eventually diagnosed with the condition.Read Full Case Study
Is There a Medical Negligence Claims Time Limit?
You must make your claim within three years from the date of the medical negligence or from the date you became aware of the negligence.
How Much Does Making a Medical Negligence Claim Cost?
We take on most medical negligence claims on a No Win, No Fee basis. This is also known as a Conditional Fee Agreement. This means if your claim is successful, you’ll pay us an agreed percentage. If your claim isn’t successful, you won’t pay any of our legal costs.
We’ll talk you through all the funding options in our initial free claims assessment.
What's The Medical Negligence Claims Process?
- Free Claims Assessment
Call us on 0808 239 6043 or ask us to call you back so we can discuss your situation and see if we can help you claim compensation.
- Complaints Process
It could help your claim to make a complaint directly to the healthcare provider. We’ll tell you if you should do this, help you with your complaint and review the outcome.
- Expert Medical Assessment
We’ll arrange for a medical expert to review the treatment you received and give their opinion on whether the treatment you received was sub standard.
- Support Throughout Your Case
We want you to focus on your recovery, so we’ll take care of the rest for you. We’ll manage your claim from start to finish.
- Apply for an Interim Payment
If the healthcare provider that treated you accepts responsibility, we can apply for an interim payment of compensation.
- Settle the Claim
We’ll negotiate to try to reach a reasonable settlement using mediation. That doesn’t mean that we won’t fight to get you the best possible result. Most claims are settled outside of Court, but if your claim does go to Trial, we’ll support you all the way.
- Compensation Payment
Once the claim has been settled, we can give you advice on how to manage your compensation. It can be beneficial to put your compensation in a Personal Injury Trust. This can help you to continue to claim state benefits or be eligible to claim them in the future.
For free legal advice call our Medical Negligence Solicitors
We're happy to help
Monday to Friday 8:30am-7:00pm
0808 239 6043
We're happy to call you
Simply click below to arrange a call
Simpson Millar Solicitors are a national law firm with over 500 staff and offices in Billingham, Bristol, Cardiff, Catterick, Lancaster, Leeds, Liverpool, London and Manchester.