Common Holiday Accident Claims include:
- Accidents in/around swimming pools
- Accidents involving hotel facilities including restaurants, bedrooms , receptions and stairs
- Slip, trip and fall accidents
- Balcony falls and accidents in lifts
- Water sports accidents
- Airline accidents
- Road traffic accidents
- Skiing and snowboarding accidents
- Cruise ship accidents
What to Do after an Accident on Holiday
There are several steps you can take after suffering your accident on holiday that could bolster any potential claim for compensation, including:
- Seek medical attention
- Report your accident to the hotel or service provider
- Report your accident to your tour operator and ask for a written accident report
- Take photographs or video footage of the scene of your accident
- Obtain details of other holidaymakers affected by the incident
- Obtain witness details, names and addresses
Finally, you shouldn’t accept any financial offers of compensation until you’ve sought legal advice from a Lawyer or Solicitor who specialises in holiday accident claims.
Since each individual case is different, we can’t always predict how much compensation you could expect to receive. However, a compensation settlement will be valued to include:
- Compensation for the part of your holiday that was spoilt
- Compensation for pain and suffering
- Medical costs and out of pocket expenses you may have incurred
- Rehabilitation support
- Loss of earnings
- Care and assistance
Who Can I Claim Compensation from?
If your holiday was a package holiday, your tour operator is responsible, which means the English or Welsh Courts will deal with your claim; if the case is not settled out of Court. However, some circumstances apply where you’ll need to make your claim against a foreign defendant abroad. Our Holiday Claims Solicitors can help you with this. Typical package holiday providers who we had successfully brought claim against are Thomas Cook Tour Operations Limited, TUI UK Limited (who also trade under First Choice) and Jet2Holidays.
We also help customers pursue accident claims against airlines and cruise liners.