WRW Construction Staff Could Claim up to £4,352
If you’ve found out that you’re losing your job at WRW Construction Ltd, because the firm is going into administration, you could make a Protective Award Claim of up to £4,352.
To be eligible for a Protective Award Claim, you must meet two conditions:
- At least 20 members of staff were made redundant in the same location
- You weren’t consulted properly about your redundancy by your employer
We deal with all Protective Award Claims on a No Win, No Fee basis. Use our free Eligibility checker today to see if you can make a claim.
How much is a Protective Award Claim?
You could claim up to 90 days’ pay through a Protective Award Claim, with the maximum amount you being capped at £4,352.
The exact amount you’ll get will be based on your gross weekly pay but you’re guaranteed to get at least 8 weeks’ pay by HM Government Insolvency Service.
Whether you’re a full time or part time employee, you’re still eligible to make a claim as long as you meet the criteria. And if you’re expecting any outstanding wages, redundancy pay or holiday pay, you’ll still get these even if you choose to make a Protective Award Claim.
What is the Process?
There are a number of steps you need to go through when making a Protective Award Claim.
- Check that you’re eligible to make a claim – you can use our free Eligibility Checker to do this
- Get permission from the Administrators, Grant Thornton.
- Complete an ACAS Early Conciliation – this aims to settle your claim before it goes to the Employment Tribunal
- Judgment from Employment Tribunal – the Tribunal will make a judgment about whether or not you were properly consulted about your redundancy
- Get your Protective Award Claim - if your claim is successful, you’ll be paid by WRW Construction or the Insolvency Service if your company can’t pay
Our specialist Employment Solicitors can manage the entire claims process for you, using our expert knowledge of the Employment Tribunal process to make sure you put forward the strongest possible case.
Time Limit for a Protective Award Claim
You only have 3 months, less one day, from the date you were made redundant to make a Protective Award Claim. This is a strict time limit so we recommend getting in touch with an Employment Solicitor for expert legal advice as soon as possible.
Our Employment Solicitors are already helping thousands of former employees from companies including Arcadia Group and Debenhams make a Protective Award Claim, after they were made redundant without proper consultation.
How much does it cost to make a Claim?
We handle all Protective Award Claims on a No Win, No Fee basis. This means that you’ll only pay legal fees if your claim is successful, and you’ll just pay an agreed percentage.
Get in touch with our Employment Solicitors or use our free Eligibility Checker to see if you can make a Protective Award Claim.
Get in touch with our Employment Solicitors
We're happy to help
Monday to Friday 8:30am-7:00pm
08002 605 010
We're happy to call you
Simply click below to arrange a call
Simpson Millar Solicitors are a national law firm with over 500 staff and offices in Billingham, Bristol, Cardiff, Catterick, Lancaster, Leeds, Liverpool, London and Manchester.