Sickness Outbreak at Holiday Village in Montenegro
Simpson Millar are currently representing and receiving enquiries from people who have fallen ill while staying at the Holiday Village in Montenegro.
The 4-star establishment opened in 2018 and had a further upgrade just before the summer season this year. However, since then there have a number of reported illnesses among guests at the hotel, with symptoms including vomiting and diarrhoea.
Our Holiday Sickness Solicitors are now representing a guest with Salmonella and a family who, after falling ill, were told by their rep that there had been a big outbreak several months earlier, which led to about 115 people falling ill.
We have many years’ experience of helping holidaymakers obtain compensation for a holiday sickness. For example:
If you’ve been affected by sickness whilst staying at the Holiday Village in Montenegro, get in touch with our Solicitors who specialise in holiday sickness claims for free legal advice. We may be able to deal with your claim on a No Win, No Fee basis - ask us for details.
Reports of Hygiene Failings at Holiday Village
Online reviews left on TripAdvisor certainly suggest there is a much wider problem with hygiene standards at the Holiday Village that reps are apparently ignoring. Among the problems highlighted by reviews were:
- Mouldy out of date butter being served – when the reviewer showed this to the rep, they advised this was the most popular complaint they had
- A burger cooked on the live station with about 5 flies swarming around it and landing on it – the member of staff then proceeded to hand it to the guest as if there was no issue
- Reps dismissing reports of illness by suggesting guests must have drank too much swimming pool water
- Raw chicken and pork being served to guests
- A member of staff washing a bowl of lettuce in tap water in the sink at the pool bar
- At breakfast time, food from the night before was still on the floor
- A doctor was seen visiting different rooms every day and the maids told guests the virus had been there for months
Sharon Rowles, Holiday Claims Solicitors at Simpson Millar, said: “It appears that there are significant failings at this particular hotel.
“A large number of holidaymakers have approached us complaining of suffering with vomiting and diarrhoea. We understand that guests have reported being served packaged food such as butter and yoghurts which were out of date.
“One of our clients has told us she witnessed the staff coming in to remove all the out of date food from the buffet restaurant despite the fact it had been available for guests to consume right up until that point.
“A client was also advised by the rep that the bug had been in the hotel for months. Despite this, it appears the hotel are unwilling to act on these complaints and guests continue to be allowed to travel to this resort and be exposed to potentially serious illnesses.”
If you or a member of your family suffered from illness while staying at the Holiday Village in Montenegro, get medical attention as soon as possible and then contact our Holiday Claims Solicitors for free legal advice.
For free legal advice, call our Holiday Claims Solicitors
We're happy to help
Monday to Friday 8:30am-7:00pm
08002 605 010
We're happy to call you
Simply click below to arrange a call
Simpson Millar Solicitors are a national law firm with over 500 staff and offices in Billingham, Bristol, Cardiff, Catterick, Lancaster, Leeds, Liverpool, London and Manchester.