As of Thursday 10th March 2022 at 5pm, we cannot take on any more ex Midas Construction Ltd employees to help with their protective award claims.
You may want to pursue without our legal assistance. If so, please contact ACAS on 0300 123 1100 or visit www.acas.org.uk for advice.
How to Make a Protective Award Claim Against Midas Construction Ltd
Our specialist team of Employment Law Solicitors will take care of the entire Protective Awards Claim for you, so you don’t need to worry about missing deadlines or filling in complex paperwork.
This is the process we’ll follow when making your Protective Awards Claim against Midas Construction Ltd:
- First, use our eligibility checker to see if you’re eligible to make a Protective Awards Claim.
- If you are eligible, get in touch with us.
- We’ll get permission from the administrators to make your Protective Award claim.
- We’ll then complete an Early Conciliation with ACAS. This needs to be done before we can go to an Employment Tribunal.
- Next, we’ll file your claim with the Employment Tribunal. They’ll consider all the evidence before making their judgment.
- If the Employment Tribunal rules in your favour, we can claim your Protective Award compensation from Midas Construction Ltd or the Insolvency Service if that’s not possible.
How Much Compensation am I Likely to get From my Claim?
If Midas Construction Ltd can pay your Protective Award Claim, the amount of compensation you’re likely to get will depend on your gross weekly wage, but you could get up to 90 days’ pay.
If your compensation is to be paid by the Insolvency Service, there’s a cap of £544 a week for up to 8 weeks. This means that the maximum amount you could claim would be £4,352.
You’ll still get paid for all your outstanding holiday and also any redundancy pay that you’re owed, as these are separate from a Protective Award Claim.
When do I Need to Make my Protective Award Claim by?
You have three months less one day to make a Protective Award Claim.
If you’re eligible, we’ll help you through the process as quickly as possible to make sure you don’t miss this deadline.
There is no minimum length of service needed to make a claim, and both full time and part-time staff can also submit Protective Award Claims.
Contact the team to start the process now.
Get in touch with our Employment Solicitors
We're happy to help
Monday to Friday 8:30am-7:00pm
0808 258 3531
We're happy to call you
Simply click below to arrange a call
Simpson Millar Solicitors are a national law firm with over 500 staff and offices in Billingham, Bristol, Cardiff, Catterick, Lancaster, Leeds, Liverpool, London and Manchester.