If you’ve been made redundant at CNG Energy, we could help you and your colleagues claim compensation through a Protective Award Claim.
To be eligible for a claim, there’s a set criteria to meet:
- At least 20 of you were made redundant at the same place
- CNG Energy didn’t follow the correct redundancy procedures
If the above applies to you, please get in touch to see if we can help you. You can also use our free eligibility checker below.
How Much Does a Protective Award Pay?
You could be awarded up to 90 days’ pay for a Protective Award Claim but the amount you’ll get will be based on your gross weekly wage.
If your compensation is being paid by the Insolvency Service, there is a cap of £544 a week for up to 8 weeks. This means that the maximum amount you can claim is £4,352.
You should still get any outstanding holiday pay and redundancy pay that you’re expecting as these are separate to a Protective Award Claim. There’s no minimum length of service to make a claim either and both full time and part time staff can submit a claim.
Is there a Time Limit?
Yes. You only have 3 months less one day to make a Protective Award Claim. We can help you get through the process as quickly as possible so you don’t risk missing this deadline.
If you want to make a group claim with your colleagues, this can make the process smoother and more efficient for you all.
How to Make a Protective Award Claim
- Use our free eligibility checker to see if you meet the criteria
- We’ll get permission from the administrators to make a claim
- Complete an Early Conciliation with ACAS – this is a procedural exercise that has to be done before going to an Employment Tribunal
- We’ll file your claim with the Employment Tribunal – the Tribunal will consider all the evidence and give their judgment
- Make your Protective Award Claim – if the Employment Tribunal rules in your favour, you can claim your Protective Award compensation from CNG Energy or the Insolvency Service
Our Employment Law Solicitors can handle every step of the claims process for you, so you don’t have to stress about missing any deadlines or filling in the paperwork. Get in touch to start your Protective Award Claim today.
Get in touch with our Employment Solicitors
We're happy to help
Monday to Friday 8:30am-7:00pm
0808 258 3531
We're happy to call you
Simply click below to arrange a call
Simpson Millar Solicitors are a national law firm with over 500 staff and offices in Billingham, Bristol, Cardiff, Catterick, Lancaster, Leeds, Liverpool, London and Manchester.