Beware of Cheap Conveyancing Fees
At Simpson Millar, we pride ourselves on being the ‘Open Lawyers’, which means we want you to know what the Conveyancing process involves, how long it will take and how much it will cost.
Our Conveyancing Solicitors don’t have any additional costs or hidden fees, so if additional work is required, we’ll speak to you and advise you why. We won’t charge additional fees if a transaction is straightforward, which usually they are. Additional charges would be an exception, certainly not the norm.
For a free online Conveyancing quote or free initial advice get in touch with our nationwide team of Conveyancing Solicitors and we will help you.
Cheap Conveyancing Fees
When buying or selling a house, it’s quite easy to find cheap “headline” Conveyancing fees quoted online. But many online Conveyancing quotes show a low entry fee to capture your attention but add additional fees and costs such as Acting for a Lender – which means you will pay more if you have a mortgage. At Simpson Millar, our Conveyancing fee includes all elements of a standard transaction; we do not split or divide the transaction into different stages. And we make it straightforward and transparent.
If you’ve got a cheap Conveyancing quote and the Conveyancing fees appear much cheaper than other quotes, you need to consider the following before making a decision:
- Is it too good to be true? If the fee is low, ask for a complete breakdown of the fees and review the small print for any extra or additional costs.
- Check the Conveyancing fee and the disbursements quoted as these can also vary, especially around search packages. Ensure you are getting value for money and quality information as part of the service.
- Consider the service you want. If the fee is very low, does the Conveyancing Solicitor have sufficient resource and knowledge to support you through the process?
- How competent is the service you will receive? Will your best interests be at the forefront of the transaction or will you be a number in a volume business never able to speak to your Conveyancing Solicitor?
- Review online comments from clients. What are people saying about the service?
- Ask the Conveyancing Solicitor how they will manage the process and support you. Will you have one Conveyancing Solicitor or a team looking after your case?
- Check there is a ‘No Sale, No Fee’ agreement. This means you will only be responsible for disbursements if the matter cancels.
- Will the Conveyancing Solicitor be able to meet your deadlines without charging an additional fee?
- Ensure the Conveyancing Solicitor is an expert in their field. You don’t want to instruct someone who attends Court on a Friday afternoon when you are waiting to move house.
It’s important when budgeting for buying, selling or remortgaging that you have all the information to enable you to make an informed decision on which Conveyancing Solicitor to instruct.
One Transparent Fee Structure
Our Conveyancing Solicitors adopt one transparent fee structure. It isn’t the lowest price and it certainly isn’t the highest. We provide Conveyancing and remortgage services across England and Wales which we tailor to your needs, we’re experts in our field and we strive for excellence, as can be seen from our online reviews. We are members of the Law Society Conveyancing Quality Scheme. This accreditation is important to us and our clients, as it provides confidence in our quality service offering.
To get a free, instant online Conveyancing quote just enter the property sale price or purchase price into our calculator. In addition to our Conveyancing fee you’ll get a breakdown of disbursement costs relevant to your case.
All our Conveyancing quotes include a No Sale No Fee guarantee.
Simpson Millar is a national law firm with over 500 staff and offices in Bristol, Cardiff, Lancaster, Leeds, Liverpool, London - Euston, London - Fleet Street, London - Teddington, Manchester, Morecambe and Southport.