Are You a Former Alpharooms Employee? You Could Claim up to £4,352 in Compensation

Anita North
Anita North
National Head of Employment

If you’ve been made redundant by Alpharooms and you answer yes to the below questions, we could help you claim compensation through a Protective Award Claim:

  • Were at least 20 employees made redundant in one location?
  • When they made you redundant, did Alpharooms follow the correct redundancy procedure?

Use the below eligibility checker to see if you qualify for a Protective Award Claim and then get in touch to see how we can help you.

Click here to check your eligibility for a Protective Award Claim

When do I need to make my Protective Award Claim by?

You have 3 months less one day to make a Protective Award Claim.

If you’re eligible for Protective Award compensation, we’ll get you through the process as fast as possible, so you don’t miss this deadline.

Tip: To speed things up, you could make a group claim with your fellow Alpharooms colleagues

The 5 Steps to Making a Protective Award Claim

Our expert team of Employment Law Solicitors can handle the entire Protective Awards Claim process for you, so you won’t need to worry about missing the deadline or filling in complicated paperwork.

We can help you make your Protective Awards Claim in just five easy steps:

Step 1: Use our free eligibility checker to check if you’re eligible to make a Protective Award claim.

Step 2: If you’re eligible for a Protective Award Claim, we’ll then get permission from the administrators (Robert Cundy and Bijal Shah from Edge Recovery) to make your Protective Award Claim.

Step 3: Next, we’ll complete an Early Conciliation with ACAS (a standard exercise that needs to be done before we can go to an Employment Tribunal).

Step 4: We’ll then file your claim with the Employment Tribunal. They will consider all the evidence and then make their judgment.

Step 5: If the Employment Tribunal passes judgment in your favour, we can claim your Protective Award compensation from Alpharooms, or the Insolvency Service if that’s not possible.

How much compensation can I get from a Protective Award Claim?

If your Protective Award is paid by Alpharooms, you could get up to 90 days’ worth of pay, and the amount of compensation you’ll receive will usually depend on your gross weekly wage.

If your compensation is paid by the Insolvency Service, there is a cap of £544 a week for up to 8 weeks. This means that the maximum amount you could claim would be £4,352.

You’ll get paid for all your outstanding holidays and you’ll also get redundancy pay too, as these are separate from a Protective Award Claim.

There is no minimum length of service needed to make a claim, and both full time and part-time staff can also submit Protective Award Claims.

Get in touch to start your Protective Award Claim now.