We avoid overcomplicated legal language in favour of plain English and we are dedicated to making the law open to everyone.
Our Leeds Child Care Proceedings team are here to work with and support you through your case.
You will be appointed a dedicated local Solicitor or Lawyer who will be your point of contact throughout your case and they will be there to represent you at Court hearings and selective Care Proceedings meetings.
Our team has extensive experience and can give you the legal advice you need, no matter what you are facing.
What Can We Help You With?
Our team can help you with:
- Care Proceedings
- Public Law matters such as Discharge of a Care Order and contact with a child in care
We can also help you with:
- Pre-Proceedings meetings (also known as PLO Meetings)
- Emergency Hearings and Emergency Protection Orders
- Advice on Child Protection Conference meetings
- Special Guardianship Orders
- Applying for a Parental Responsibility Order
- Placement Orders
- Adoption Orders
- Advice to Grandparents or other family members
- Advice to family members who have been accused of harming a child
- Private Children Proceedings – Child Arrangement Orders for a child to spend time or live with you where social workers are involved with your children.
- Family Injunctions - Including Non-molestation Orders and Occupation Orders
- Forced Marriage Protection Orders
- Orders for the Prevention of Female Genital Mutilation
How Will My Case be Funded?
Legal Aid is automatically available to help anyone with Parental Responsibility for a child who is going through Care Proceedings. It is there to cover the legal costs of representation.
Legal Aid may be available for other cases, but does depend on your financial circumstances and the strength of your case.
Our Care Proceedings team in Leeds can explain everything about Legal Aid, guide you through your application and complete all of the necessary paperwork.
You can find out more about our Leeds team below:
- Patricia Cannon - Partner and National Head of Child Care Proceedings, accredited member of the Law Society Children Panel
- Lidia Foster - Solicitor, accredited member of the Law Society Children Panel and the Law Society Family Panel Advanced
- Alyson Garry - Solicitor, accredited member of the Law Society Family Panel Advanced
- Sarah Carroll - Paralegal
- Ameeta Bhuhi - Paralegal
- Katie Keiff - Legal Assistant
Areas We Cover
From our office in St Paul’s Street, Leeds, our Care Proceedings team cover cases in the following areas:
- West Yorkshire: Leeds, Wakefield, Bradford and Huddersfield
- South Yorkshire: Barnsley, Sheffield and Rotherham
- North Yorkshire: York and Harrogate
If you are in Yorkshire or the surrounding areas and would like our team to help you, please get in touch.
We work on a case by case basis and we could represent you remotely.
For free legal advice call our Care Proceedings Solicitors
We're happy to help
Monday to Friday 8:30am-7:00pm
0800 260 5030
We're happy to call you
Simply click below to arrange a call
Simpson Millar Solicitors are a national law firm with over 500 staff and offices in Bristol, Cardiff, Lancaster, Leeds, Liverpool, London and Manchester.