Based at Broad Quay House in Bristol City Centre, our Care Proceedings Solicitors are dedicated and experienced professionals.
If you have been contacted by Social Services or the Family Court about starting Care Proceedings, it’s important that you speak to a legal expert as soon as you can. Our team can help you to feel prepared for the case ahead.
Care Proceedings can be an emotional time for you and your family.
No matter what you’re facing, our Bristol team is here to support you.
Why Come to Simpson Millar to Help You?
Our Bristol team has the experience and expertise to guide you through your Care Proceedings case. We are proud to be ‘The Open Lawyers’ and we strive to make the law available to everyone.
When you choose Simpson Millar, a member of our Bristol team will be assigned as your dedicated point of contact. They will work with you and attend Court hearings and certain meetings with you.
What Can We Help You With?
Our Care Proceedings team can support you with the following:
- Care Proceedings
- Discharge of Care Orders and contact with a child in care
We can also help you with:
- Pre-Proceedings meetings, also known as PLO or PP Meetings
- Emergency Hearings and Emergency Protection Orders
- Advice on Child Protection Conference meetings
- Special Guardianship Orders
- Applying for a Parental Responsibility Order
- Placement Orders
- Adoption Orders
- Advice to Grandparents or other family members
- Advice to family members who have been accused of harming a child
- Private Children Proceedings – Child Arrangement Orders for a child to spend time or live with you where social workers are involved with your children.
- Family Injunctions - Including Non-molestation Orders and Occupation Orders
- Forced Marriage Protection Orders
- Orders for the Prevention of Female Genital Mutilation
We understand that every case is different and Care Proceedings can be a stressful and emotional process. Our expert team can answer any questions you have about your case and give you the support you need.
How Will My Case be Funded?
Legal Aid is available to parents or anyone with Parental Responsibility for a child who is going through Care Proceedings. It is automatically awarded to parents who are going through Care Proceedings. Our team can explain everything surrounding Legal Aid funding.
You can find out more about our Bristol team below:
Areas We Cover
We are based in Broad Quay House, Bristol and we deal with cases in the following Local Authorities:
- Bristol City Council
- South Gloucestershire Council
- Bath and North East Somerset Council
- North Somerset Council
- Gloucestershire County Council
- Swindon Borough Council
If you have any questions or are from the surrounding areas and would like our team to represent you remotely, please contact us today.
For free legal advice call our Care Proceedings Solicitors
We're happy to help
Monday to Friday 8:30am-7:00pm
0808 239 4184
We're happy to call you
Simply click below to arrange a call
Simpson Millar Solicitors are a national law firm with over 500 staff and offices in Billingham, Bristol, Cardiff, Catterick, Lancaster, Leeds, Liverpool, London and Manchester.