Greg Cox -
Managing Partner and CEO
T: 0345 357 9200
F: 0345 357 9399
Based in: Manchester
Dispute Resolution and Litigation, Professional Negligence Claims and Serious Personal Injury Claims
Greg Cox is managing partner of Simpson Millar, one of the leading experts in legal costs and funding issues, a Solicitor-Advocate (appearing in the Higher Courts), a High Court Assessor (sitting in Appeals to the High Court) a Mediator and a member of the Bar Council Remuneration Committee. Greg has particular expertise in law firm acquisition and mergers, law firm regulation and shaping law firms to respond to changes in the legal and regulatory landscape.
Greg appeared in two of the most important civil cases of 2014/15, in the Supreme Court, Coventry v Lawrence UKSC 2012/0076 (Compatibility of Access to Justice Costs regime with Article 6 and/or A1P1 rights and in the Court of Appeal in Denton v TH White (Test case on relief from sanctions)  EWCA Civ 906. He is regularly instructed in appeals on points of principle or in test cases. Greg is a contributing author of the Law Society Litigation Funding Handbook and speaks and lectures regularly and has been instructed to appear in the High Court as an Expert Witness.
Hon Treasurer Manchester Law Society, Higher Courts (Civil Proceedings) Rights of Audience and High Court Costs Assessor.
3 children take up most of his spare time, otherwise music (guitar, fretted instruments generally) and sports
Cases Dealt With:
- Coventry v Lawrence — (No 3) UKSC 2012/0076 (Compatibility of Access to Justice Costs regime with Article 6 and/or A1P1 rights)
- Qader v Esure —  EWCA Civ 1109
- Denton v TH White — (Test case on relief from sanctions) (for the Bar Council as intervenor)  EWCA Civ 906
- Barr & others –v- Biffa Waste —  EWHC 1033 (TCC)
- Lamont –v- Burton —  EWCA Civ 429
- Rogers –v- Merthyr Tydfil —  EWCA Civ 1134 (Court of Appeal Test Case on ATE insurance)
- Burridge –v- Airwork —  EWCA Civ 459
- Tyndall –v- Battersea Dogs Home — (LTL 3/10/2005)
- Hollins –v- Russell and others — (test case on Conditional Fee Agreements)  EWCA Civ 718
- Aaron –v- Shelton — (2004) 3 All ER 561.
- Jenkins –v- Young Brothers —  EWHC 151 (QB)
- Birmingham City Council –v- Crook —  EWHC Civ 1415
- Oliver –v- Whipps Cross —  EWHC 1104 (QB)
- LSC –v- F, S & K —  EWHC 0145
- Manning v Begg —  EWHC 3054 (QB)
- Kremen v Kendastar —  EWHC 0512 (QB)
- Blankley v Central Manchester —  EWHC 168 (QB)