Care Proceedings Solicitors in Bristol

For free initial legal advice call our Care Proceedings Solicitors in Bristol who will help you.

TrustpilotStarsWe're ratedExcellent
Couple With Child

Based at Broad Quay House in Bristol City Centre, our Care Proceedings Solicitors are dedicated and experienced professionals.

If you have been contacted by Social Services or the Family Court about starting Care Proceedings, it’s important that you speak to a legal expert as soon as you can. Our team can help you to feel prepared for the case ahead.

Care Proceedings can be an emotional time for you and your family. 

No matter what you’re facing, our Bristol team is here to support you.

TrustpilotStarsWe're ratedExcellent

Areas We Cover

We are based in Broad Quay House, Bristol and we deal with cases in the following Local Authorities:

  • Bristol City Council
  • South Gloucestershire Council
  • Bath and North East Somerset Council
  • North Somerset Council
  • Gloucestershire County Council
  • Swindon Borough Council

If you have any questions or are from the surrounding areas and would like our team to represent you remotely, please contact us today.

Why Choose Simpson Millar?

  • Local offices

    Our friendly and experienced team in Bristol can help you with any Care Proceedings issues for your children

  • Experienced Lawyers

    Our team has years of experience helping people in similar situations to yours. We’ll do everything we can to help you in the Care Proceedings process, with all our experience used to get the best outcome for you and your child

  • We're here to help

    We can help explain the legal process, so you understand the process and possible outcomes. Our Care Proceedings Solicitors know how important it is to ensure you are involved in every stage of the process.

  • Accredited Solicitors

    Our team specialises in Care Proceedings and many of our Solicitors are accredited by the Law Society Children Law Scheme.

How Will My Case be Funded?

Legal Aid is available to parents or anyone with Parental Responsibility for a child who is going through Care Proceedings. It is automatically awarded to parents who are going through Care Proceedings. Our team can explain everything surrounding Legal Aid funding.

Top Rated by Our Clients for Care Proceedings Claims

Simpson Millar
Based on 2615 reviews

What Can We Help You With?

Our Care Proceedings team can support you with the following:

  • Care Proceedings
  • Discharge of Care Orders and contact with a child in care

We can also help you with:

  • Pre-Proceedings meetings, also known as PLO or PP Meetings
  • Emergency Hearings and Emergency Protection Orders
  • Advice on Child Protection Conference meetings
  • Special Guardianship Orders
  • Applying for a Parental Responsibility Order
  • Placement Orders
  • Adoption Orders
  • Advice to Grandparents or other family members
  • Advice to family members who have been accused of harming a child
  • Private Children Proceedings – Child Arrangement Orders for a child to spend time or live with you where social workers are involved with your children.
  • Family Injunctions - Including Non-molestation Orders and Occupation Orders
  • Forced Marriage Protection Orders
  • Orders for the Prevention of Female Genital Mutilation

We understand that every case is different, and Care Proceedings can be a stressful and emotional process. Our expert team can answer any questions you have about your case and give you the support you need.

How to Find Us

Our Bristol office’s central location is just a 10-minute walk from Bristol Temple Meads railway station, a 12-minute walk from Bristol Bus Station and close to all major bus routes.

You can find us at:

Generator Building,


Get in touch, today!

Fill in the form below to get in touch with one of our dedicated team members, or call our team today on: 0808 239 4184

This data will only be used by Simpson Millar in accordance with our Privacy Policy for processing your query and for no other purpose