Nicola Duff -
Solicitor, Education and Community Care
T: 0345 357 9200
F: 0345 357 9399
Based in: Manchester
Education Law and Community Care
Nicola Duff is a Solicitor specialising in Education Law and Community Care.
She has experience working in the following areas:-
- Supporting children with special educational needs and/or disabilities in order to secure appropriate education provision and/or placement
- Discrimination within the educational setting
- Home to school transport
- School exclusions
- Securing suitable education for children out of school
- Judicial reviews
Nicola has a particular interest in helping to secure suitable educational placements and provision for children and young people with special educational needs. This will often involve appeals in the First-tier and Upper Tribunal ( Special Educational Needs and Disability).
- Social services or a healthcare provider delaying or refusing assessments of need
- Inadequate assessments of need, resulting in a lack of access to required care and/or accommodation
- Disputes surrounding levels or type of service required for individuals
- Services incorrectly removed from an individual
Nicola has an interest in advising on whether local authorities and health services are meeting their legal obligations and she is able to advise on whether individuals are receiving the care due to them.
Nicola has an LLB (Hons) Law degree from Queens University Belfast. She has worked for Simpson Millar since 2005 (formerly Colemans-CTTS). Nicola completed her training contract with the firm and qualified as a solicitor in 2008. Upon qualification she joined the Dispute Resolution Team and during this time specialised in commercial and civil litigation. Nicola also has experience working in personal injury litigation.
Manchester Law Society