Simpson Millar is proud to be the holder of a wide-ranging set of accreditations, namely from The Law Society. This widely recognised benchmark defines us as specialists in our field, and promotes high quality legal services as the core of the work we do.
Going above and beyond the industry standard, our team is consistently recognised in the Legal 500 and also in Chambers and Partners. We heavily invest in the development and future of our people – maximising the level of knowledge, service, and aftercare to give our clients peace of mind.
We are also delighted to work closely with a selection of charities to give something back to the communities we work in.
Below, you'll find the details of all of our current accreditations, recognitions, trusted partners along with memberships and charity affiliations.
Diversity in Business Accreditation
Simpson Millar LLP was the 1st law firm to achieve the Diversity In Business Accreditation (Excellence) (DiBA). This accreditation shows that the principles of equality and diversity are firmly embedded right across all of our business activities.
- Undergoing the accreditation procedure also delivered major benefits to the firm, such as improved client satisfaction and employee retention, and a stronger brand which has generated competitive advantage,
- The accreditation focuses on 5 key themes: organisational leadership; people management and organisational culture; customer communications and satisfaction; community, partnership and supplier diversity and diversity action planning,
- Rachel Windle, Practice Manager said: "Going through the DiBA Accreditation process with EW Group for Simpson Millar LLP has been a valuable and business changing experience – simply fantastic."
- Further information on DiBA can be found at: EW Group
Investors In People
Simpson Millar LLP has held the Investors in People (IIP) accreditation since 2000. The standard provides straightforward, proven frameworks for delivering business improvement through people.
- As a firm we have set a foundation to ensure that we achieve success through everyone who works at Simpson Millar LLP and that everyone feels a part of that success
- It is important to us that staff, feel as though they have a voice which the firm listens to and we encourage this through many ways including regular meetings, suggestion boxes and the intranet to name just a few
- Investors in people set a high standard and it can vary at each assessment, so as a firm we must adapt and make changes where necessary to the business to ensure that we meet the benchmark set by the accreditation
- Find out more about the Investors in People accreditation on their website: https://www.investorsinpeople.com/
Like Investors in People, Lexcel is also a business improvement accreditation by the Law Society
- Lexcel is more process focused and ensures that we have good policies/procedures in place which suit the business needs
- All businesses need a framework to function and Lexcel provides this in a loose format which we then build from
- First Legal Practice to achieve this accreditation and like Investors in People we have continued to hold the accreditation since 1998
- Each year brings new challenges and focuses which means we constantly review and update our business policies to ensure we stay ahead of our competitors
Law Society Accreditations
Simpson Millar is also proud to hold Law Society Accreditations in a wide range of legal areas. These service area specific accreditations show that we have earned special recognition of our expertise in these areas. The Law Society Accreditations help to promote high quality standards in legal services to make sure that you can easily identify proven legal experts when choosing who to instruct.
Our Law Society Children Law accreditation shows that we show strong awareness and expertise in children law proceedings and the representation of children in these proceedings. You can see more information on the Law Society Children Law Accreditation website: (http://www.lawsociety.org.uk/support-services/accreditation/children-law/)
The Clinical Negligence Accreditation Scheme is a best quality standard showing that we are experienced and skilled in handling all aspects of medical negligence cases. Further information about this accreditation can be found here: http://www.lawsociety.org.uk/support-services/accreditation/clinical-negligence/
The Conveyancing Quality Scheme (CQS) is a recognised quality mark established in 2011. The CQS scheme has continuously helped to advance residential conveyancing service standards; in holding this, our conveyancing team are shown to be reputable in providing advice in this sector. Find out more on the Law Society website: http://www.lawsociety.org.uk/support-services/accreditation/conveyancing-quality-scheme/
The Law Society Family Law accreditation shows that we have a high level of knowledge, skills and experience practising all types of family law work (children law is covered by its own accreditation – see below). Find out more about this accreditation here (http://www.lawsociety.org.uk/support-services/accreditation/family-law/)
Family Law Advanced
Simpson Millar is also proud to have been awarded the Family Law Advanced accreditation. This certifies that we are experienced and work to a high standard in selected, specialist areas of family law. This includes select areas such as cohabitation, violence in the home, and complex asset cases.
Find out more information about this accreditation here (http://www.lawsociety.org.uk/support-services/accreditation/family-law-advanced/)
Immigration and Asylum
Our Immigration Law team received recognition for maintaining high levels of knowledge, skill and experience in all areas of immigration and asylum work. Find out more about the Immigration and Asylum Law Accreditation scheme on the Law Society website - http://www.lawsociety.org.uk/support-services/accreditation/immigration-asylum/.
The Law Society Personal Injury Accreditation Scheme shows our Personal Injury team has been recognised for their excellence acting on behalf of victims and their dependants. Our team prides itself on handling even some of the most complex serious injury cases. See more information about this quality standard here: http://www.lawsociety.org.uk/support-services/accreditation/personal-injury/
Recognition in Industry Guides
Chambers and Partners 2017
Simpson Millar has received recognition in Chambers and Partners year on year. Chambers and Partners is a leading industry guide which ranks the most outstanding law firms across the world.
The awards are ranked in bands from 1-6, with 1 showing the highest standards of excellence. At Simpson Millar, we were proud to have received a number of band 1, 2, and 3 awards in a vast range of services in the 2016 rankings. It reflects our unwavering hard work on behalf of our clients.
You can see the full Chamber and Partners rankings here
Legal 500 2017
The Legal 500 provides a comprehensive worldwide client's guide to the best law firms and legal professionals. Simpson Millar was pleased to have been recommended in 18 practice areas in the most recent guide, with many of our solicitors also recognised as "leading lawyers".
You can find the full details of our Legal 500 awards and commendations on their website:http://www.legal500.com/
EW Group are diversity and inclusion consultants providing analysis, strategy, learning and development. The company has 25 years’ expertise in building inclusive workplaces which drive employee attraction, retention and engagement. Their UK-wide consulting team includes subject matter experts in cultural intelligence, unconscious bias and inclusive leadership.
EW Group is a proud partner of Simpson Millar, working with their clients to practically and measurably address their own unique diversity challenges. EW Group offers preferential rates to all Simpson Millar clients.
T: 0203 036 068
EW Group Menu of Services
Lasting change cannot happen unless linked to systems, processes, people and behaviours. The EW Group know how to pinpoint your business case for diversity. Their specialists will engage staff at all levels in your diversity agenda. And after 25 years in diversity and inclusion, they know how to measure impact and calculate return on investment.
Research, analysis, audit and action planning on diversity.
- Diversity in Business Accreditation
Achieve equalities excellence with this fully customisable framework – the gold standard for diversity good practice.
- Diversity Diagnostics
Assess and address your current workplace issues, and action plan for the future.
- Development Psychometrics
Measure and build on your leaders’ ability to leverage the diversity at their disposal.
- Equality Impact Assessment
Shore up your service provision in line with the latest equalities legislation.
- Learning and Development
Tailored development programmes for staff at levels. Courses include:
- Equality, Diversity and Inclusion (for All Staff / for Managers)
- Unconscious Bias (for All Staff / for Managers)
- Recruitment and Selection
- Building Inclusive Teams
- Discrimination, Bullying and Harassment
- Cultural Intelligence
Designed to build internal capacity and diversity maturity.
- Organisational Development
- Policy Design and Strategy Support
- Culture Change
- Change Management
- People and Talent Management
- Diversity Research, including Gender Pay Gap analysis and strategy
- Supplier / Supply Chain Diversity
- Institute of Leadership and Management Programmes
- ILM Level 4 Award: Managing Equality and Diversity in an Organisation (for diversity leads)
- ILM Level 5 Award in Leadership and Management (for mid-level managers)
- ILM Level 7 Certificate in Leadership and Management (for senior leaders)
- Senior-level leadership support
- Inclusive Leadership
- Board and SMT Development
- Executive Coaching (for individuals and groups)
Memberships and Charities
Headway Head Injury Solicitors Directory
Simpson Millar is delighted to be included in the Headway Head Injury Solicitors Directory for 2017, which underlines our expertise in helping the victims of serious head injuries.
Our inclusion in the charity's latest directory allows us to provide the best legal advice to those brain injury sufferers that are receiving the excellent care and assistance offered by one the UK's leading brain injury charities.
The individual members of our team that have received a listing on the directory are experts in their industry and are able to assist brain injury sufferers from multiple offices across the UK.
You can find out more about the valuable work Headway does and make a donation here.
The Professional Negligence Lawyers Association
Simpson Millar is proud to have been a member of the Professional Negligence Lawyers' Association (PNLA) since 2014
Up until 2004, people experiencing problems with professionals had no clear point of contact to look for help to resolve their dispute. Individuals often need legal assistance to resolve issues where professionals have provided a negligent service. It's often the case for people who have sought services from other solicitors, barristers, accountants, architects, and surveyors.
In 2004 the PNLA was formed as a point of reference for claimants and professionals to turn to for information and to find a lawyer to help.
Simpson Millar's Professional Negligence team has a great deal of experience resolving these disputes on behalf of our clients and is proud to be a member of the PNLA.
You can find out more about the PNLA on their website
The Motor Accident Solicitors Society
Simpson Millar is a proud member of the Motor Accident Solicitors Society (MASS).
MASS is a non-profit society made up on road traffic accident claims specialists. The organisation was firm formed in 1991 to promote best practice amongst the road traffic accident sector.
You can see more about how MASS helps to improve this sector and services for clients at http://www.mass.org.uk/
Business in the Community
Business in the Community is a business led charity that helps to engage businesses with tackling broader issues, contributing to society and promoting a sustainable future. It has been running for over 30 years and currently has around 800 businesses on board; Simpson Millar is pleased to be one of them.
You can find out more about Business in the Community here
Ronald McDonald House Charity
Simpson Millar is proud to be in partnership with the Ronald McDonald House Charities (RMHC).
The RMHC provides support to families whilst their child is receiving care in specialist children's hospitals. They have centres where families are able to stay in a warm and welcoming environment just a stone's throw from their child in hospital. The houses make sure families can be closer during some of the most difficult times.
You can find out more about their valuable work and make a donation here.