Daniel Ross -
Solicitor, Education And Community Care
T: 0345 357 9200
F: 0345 357 9399
Based in: Manchester
Education Law and Community Care
Daniel has experience working in the following areas:-
- Supporting children with special educational needs and/or disabilities in order to secure appropriate education provision and/or placement
- Home to school transport
- School admissions and exclusions
- Securing suitable education for children out of school
- Judicial reviews
Daniel has a particular interest in helping to secure suitable educational placements and provision for children and young people with special educational needs. This will often involve appeals in the First-tier and Upper Tribunal ( Special Educational Needs and Disability).
- Social services or a healthcare provider delaying or refusing assessments of need
- Inadequate assessments of need, resulting in a lack of access to required care and/or accommodation
- Disputes surrounding levels or type of service required for individuals
- Services incorrectly removed from an individual
Daniel has an interest in advising on whether local authorities and health services are meeting their legal obligations and he is able to advise on whether individuals are receiving the care due to them.
Daniel has an LLB (Hons) Law degree from Queens University, Belfast. He began working for Simpson Millar (formerly Colemans-ctts) in 2010 in June 2010. Daniel completed his training contract with Hudgell Solicitors in Leeds in April 2016 before returning to Simpson Millar. Daniel also has experience in industrial disease claims, costs, and personal injury and holiday claims.
Long-suffering Blackburn Rovers supporter.
Lawyers Secular Society