Free Online Wills
You can make a Will online Free with our partner Bequeathed. In order for us to ensure you are have the most suitable product call our team who can advise you and provide a link to our Free Wills. Either Fill out the the online form
or Call us on 08002605010
You can now access a Free Online Will Writing Service through our partner Bequeathed. This service lets you to produce what is called a ‘simple’ or ‘basic’ Will online without needing a Solicitor or a Lawyer. Call our team who can provide the details of the most appropriate product.
If you need a more complicated Will, perhaps because you have children from a previous marriage, have more than one property, have a business or want to set up a Trust then the simple Will service may not be the best option for you, and we would recommend you speak to one of our specialist Will writers who can provide expert help and advice.
The need to get legal advice from a Solicitor or a Lawyer will depend on the complexity of your Will. If you wish to leave all your assets to a small list of people and not provide any further conditions, this online Will may be sufficient.
Our Partnership with Bequeathed
Bequeathed Ltd are a market leading Online Will Writing Service based in the UK. You write your Will using their online portal, but they don’t give legal advice.
If You Make a Will with the Online System and Do Not Speak to a Solicitor is it Regulated?
Will writing services are classed as unreserved legal activities which means that they don’t need to be carried out through a Solicitor regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority (SRA).
Our partner Bequeathed Ltd is a separate business from Simpson Millar LLP and are not regulated by the SRA but they are registered with the Fundraising Regulator.
As this is all done online without a Solicitor you do not have to have the same statutory protections as clients of an SRA regulated law firm; such as Simpson Millar. This includes for instance access to the SRA Compensation Fund, compulsory professional indemnity insurance and access to the Legal Ombudsman.
What If You Have an Issue with an Expertly Guided Will?
You may start to make your Will online and find out that you can’t go any further as there may be complex elements which need a different approach. If this happens then you will be asked if you would like your information to be passed back to Simpson Millar. We will then advise you of the best course of action. Bequeathed also has a customer service team who can help with any problems directly related to the online platform.
If you make a Will online using this service with no Solicitor support, known as the ‘Expertly Guided Will’, you should direct any issues or concerns to Bequeathed Ltd.
If you don’t finish making your Will online and you speak to one of our Wills and Trust specialists, you would not have an Expertly Guided Will, you would become a Simpson Millar client and our regulated team will help you.
How Much Does It Cost to Make a Will Online?
There are three online price options to choose from:
- Fully Online – (called Expertly Guided) a Free Online Will writing service with our partner Bequeathed - there is no review by a Solicitor.
- Solicitor Assisted – Still using the online Will writing service, but a Solicitor will review it when completed to make sure it is valid. The cost for this service is £120 +VAT
- Fully Protected – You complete your Will online, with the additional benefits of it being reviewed by a Solicitor and getting 2 Lasting Powers of Attorney. The cost for this service is £600 +VAT
Information You Need to Make a Will Online
Before you start to make a Will online with Bequeathed, you’ll need the following information:
- Names and addresses of everyone you want to include in your Will, along with details of any charities you want to support, including their charity number
- Names and addresses of the people you want to name as your Executors
- Names and addresses of people you want to name as Guardians if you have children under 18
- The approximate value of your Estate. You can estimate this by adding up your assets like your property and savings and taking away any liabilities such as any loans or mortgages for example
- Your funeral wishes
If you want to make particular gifts of property or assets in your Will, you’ll also need:
- Details of any specific property to be included in your Will
- Details of any other specific assets to be included in your Will, including bank account numbers, insurance or investment account numbers and details of any shares you own
- Details of any personal possessions to be mentioned in your Will
What If You Need a More Complicated Will?
Just get in touch with one of our Wills and Trusts Solicitors who can tell you what your options are and how much it will cost.
Once we have provided you with a written quote, that price won’t change.
If you need help and advice on a Trust Will, Lasting Powers of Attorney or a more complicated Will, please contact us.
For free legal advice call our Wills & Trusts Solicitors
We're happy to help
Monday to Friday 8:30am-7:00pm
08002 605 010
We're happy to call you
Simply click below to arrange a call
Simpson Millar Solicitors are a national law firm with over 500 staff and offices in Bristol, Cardiff, Lancaster, Leeds, Liverpool, London, Manchester and Southport.