If you’re in a dispute with your ex about a property you lived in together, it can be difficult to know where you stand and what your rights are, especially if your name wasn’t on the title deeds.
Our Dispute Resolution Solicitors can help you reach an arrangement that works for you.
We’ve helped many separated couples resolve property disputes about:
- Who owns the property
- How joint ownership should be split
- Who should continue living in the property
- Whether a property should be sold, and if so, how much of the sale proceeds you should both get
Get in touch for a free consultation about your situation today.
Contact our Team Today for a No Obligation Free Case Assessment
Why Choose Simpson Millar?
Property Dispute Experts
Providing a legal solution
Speed of Resolution
Making a TOLATA Claim
The Trusts of Land and Appointment of Trustees Act (TOLATA) gives the Court the power to make decisions about property disputes between unmarried, separated couples.
The Court can make decisions about what will happen to the property such as:
- Should the property be sold
- Who will continue living in it
- Paying back any third party’s financial interest in it, such as a parent or grandparent who helped with the deposit
Top rated by our clients...But don't just take our word for it
How Can Simpson Millar Help You?
We have dedicated Family Law and Dispute Resolution teams who are experts in resolving disputes between couples and reaching the best outcome.
We can help you:
- Make a TOLATA claim
- Defend a TOLATA claim
- Negotiate on a property dispute
- Make a Professional Negligence Claim if you were badly advised by a Solicitor or Conveyancer about your property
- Put a Cohabitation Agreement in place to protect yourself from a future TOLATA claim
Our experienced Solicitors will work with you to try and reach a fair outcome with your ex-partner. We’ll do everything we can do avoid going to Court through negotiation and mediation first. This is a quicker and less stressful solution for everyone, especially if there are children involved.
Contact us for a free initial discussion about making or defending a TOLATA claim.