We can help you if you’ve suffered from negligence at the Royal Cornwall Hospital NHS Trust. We’re acting for a man who was left with a 39cm piece of wire inside him after a procedure to insert a stent at the Royal Cornwall Hospital earlier this year. Medical Negligence can have a profound effect on your physical and mental health. We can help make sure that you get justice and compensation following a medical incident which shouldn’t have happen.
In a recent report published by the NHS, identifying 145 ‘Never Events’ since April 2020 across England and Wales, with 6 happening at the Royal Cornwall hospital since April 2020.
What is A Never Event?
Never Events are serious, preventable patient safety incidents which should never happen if national guidance or safety recommendations are in place.
Some examples of Never Events are:
- Surgery happening in the wrong site on the body
- Foreign objects being left behind after surgery
- Surgery or treatment meant for another patient
- Feeding tubes positioned wrongly
- Wrong implant or prosthesis put in
- Wrong medication being given
- Wrong blood transfusion being given
Never Events at the Royal Cornwall Hospital Trust
The Royal Cornwall Hospital NHS Trust has reported 6 Never Events since April 2020. These include:
- 1 administration of medication by the wrong route
- 2 retained foreign objects after surgery
- 1 wrong implant or prosthesis used
- 2 wrong site surgeries
This is concerning, particularly as there will have been a significant reduction in surgery during the Coronavirus pandemic.
No Win, No Fee Medical Negligence Claims
If you think you may have suffered from a Never Event at the Royal Cornwall Hospital NHS Trust or anywhere else, we could help you to make a claim.
Get in touch with one of our specialist Medical Negligence Solicitors for a Free Claims Assessment today.
AccreditationsOur Accreditation's show recognition of our legal expertise.
We also support Action against Medical Accidents (AvMA), a UK charity for patient safety and justice.
Why Choose Us?
- Free Consultation – to discuss the grounds for your case and the likelihood of success without obligation.
- Multi-Award Winning Law Firm with Offices Nationwide – medical negligence experts located nationally and if you can’t come to us, we can come to you.
- Not just a "claims" firm – we care about getting results and justice for our clients as well as access to support services to assist with your recovery, and also help with other legal matters that may arise.
- No Win No Fee – many cases can be funded through a No Win, No Fee, ask us for details and we’ll be happy to help you
- Winning record – excellent track record of winning medical negligence claims, some with compensation worth several million pounds - click here to see some of our successes
- Specialist Medical Negligence Solicitors – many of our medical negligence solicitors are members of the Law Society’s Medical Negligence Panel and AvMA (Action against Medical Accidents) Solicitors Referral Panel
- Top Rated - We're proud our clients have rated us highly