If your child is starting primary or transferring into secondary education in September 2022, your Local Authority must legally issue you an amended EHCP naming the school they will attend by 15th February 2022.
Local Authorities may fail to meet this deadline. If they miss it, you may be able to challenge this failure by Judicial Review. A Judicial Review Pre-Action letter to the Local Authority is usually enough to make sure that a final, amended EHCP is issued without further delay.
We're the largest Education Law team in the country, and we have specialist Education Law Solicitors with years of experience in these types of cases. Not only can we assist in securing the EHCP in the first place, our team can also assist with a challenge against the contents of the EHCP if needed. This can include a challenge against the named school. We understand that lodging an appeal can be complicated, but you can rest assured we have the right experience to make a difference to you and your family.
Why choose Simpson Millar?
- Largest Education Law Team in UK
- Extensive experience of challenging schools and councils
- Recognised as the best Education Law Solicitors by Independent Legal Directories
- National Law Firm, local offices
- Law Society Accredited
- Authorised & Regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority
- Multi-Award Winning Law Firm