Slip, Trip and Fall Claims

Accidents that cause Personal Injury

Have you suffered a personal injury following a trip, slip or fall on a public highway or in a public place?

Your local highway authority or owner of a public place is legally responsible for the maintenance of their stretch of road or building. If you have been unfortunate enough slip, trip or fall as a result of a defective paving slab, or a pot hole in the road or on the pavement or a hazard in a public building and we are able to prove that this was caused by a failure on the part of the Highway authority or owner of a public building to take adequate steps to ensure your safety, then you could be entitled to claim compensation for your personal injuries.

Injury Warning Hazard - Slips, Trips, Falls

Choosing the right personal injury solicitors

Simpson Millar LLP's Personal Injury Team have:

  • a proven track record and strong experience of dealing with slip, trip and fall claims throughout England and Wales
  • a dedicated Team of specialist Personal Injury Solicitors who study inspection records, with a view of finding weaknesses within their defences and are experts in obtaining compensation as a result of a trip, slip or fall on a "No win no fee" basis

Steps you need to take following a trip, slip or fall accident:

  • Obtain details of any witnesses to your slip, trip or fall and/or witnesses who are able to comment how long the defect has been in that particular state
  • Take clear photographs of the defect, making sure they are taken alongside a ruler so that the height or depth is easily visible and mark on the photograph the direction of travel and the exact point of impact
  • Take photographs of the surrounding area, showing easily identifiable landmarks and street names
  • Report the accident to the local authority or public building owner responsible
  • Seek medical advice immediately if you have sustained an injury and report the details as to how the accident happened to the hospital/GP to ensure it is recorded

The above information is essential so that the local authority or person responsible can investigate your claim and also for us to prove that they have failed in their legal duty to protect all users of the road/building.

We can help you

Contact our Slip, Trip and Fall Team of solicitors now to discuss how we can help you by completing our, no obligation, online enquiry form and we will call you back or you can call our "No Win No Fee" Team directly on freephone: 0808 129 3320.

Get In Touch

Melanie Burden | Partner, Head of Personal Injury | Simpson Millar LLP

Melanie Burden
Head of Personal Injury

View profile