Carbon Monoxide Poisoning Information
Your health depends on the safety of your
heating appliances. If you have been injured as a
result of CO poisoning you could
What causes carbon monoxide poisoning?
- Poorly maintained gas appliances eg: central heating systems, gas
- Inadequate ventilation eg blocked or leaky flues and chimneys
These fumes are typically produced by gas appliances (or other
heating appliances) in the home or in the workplace
as an exhaust gas. Maintenance of those appliances
is crucial to make sure carbon monoxide is expelled as a harmless
gas into the atmosphere and avoids poisoning people.
What are the medical symptoms?
The symptoms of poisoning vary with the amount of gas inhaled:
- Low level - feelings of nausea, headaches, shortness of breath and dizziness
- High level - potentially fatal
Seek help immediately if you have had exposure to Carbon Monoxide
Signs of gas leaks:
- sooty deposits on or around appliances, and
- flames which burn yellow instead of blue
If you have concerns about carbon monoxide or a gas leak
you should call the gas emergency line on 0800 111 999.
Your landlord or employer could have let you down and you may wish
to know whether you can claim compensation.
To find out more read our guide now.
Make an enquiry
Contact our Carbon
Monoxide Poisoning Team now to get plain and simple advice about how our
solicitors can help you claim compensation by completing our, no obligation,
online enquiry form and we will call you back or you can call us directly
on freephone: 0808 129 3320.