Can I Claim Compensation?
Was the doctor, nurse or hospital treating you negligent?
Medical negligence claims often arise out of the bad or poor
management of your health care as a patient eg failure to:
- Provide adequate health care
- Keep proper records
- Administer medication
- Properly operate hospital machinery
ALL of the above raise questions as to the adequacy of the treatment you are receiving.
Our solicitors are experts in the area of medical negligence claims are professionally
accredited by the Law Society's Medical Negligence Panel and AVMA Solicitors Referral
Panel so you can relax in the knowledge that a specialist is handling your claim.
Medical Negligence Claim - Case example:
Chambers and Partners 2017
"Large practice with broad capabilities. Advises on obstetric negligence and cases relating to delayed diagnosis of cancer, negligent orthopaedic surgery, dental surgery and inadequate nursing care."
"New partner Lisa Swales has recent experience in child brain injury cases. 'She always responds to my e-mails and phone calls within a matter of hours,' says one client, while commentators say that she 'fights for her client, is sensible and is on top of cases.'"
"Geoffrey Simpson-Scott is a key contact who advises clients on a range of clinical negligence cases, including misdiagnosis cases and negligent surgery matters. Often represents families at inquest."
The right medical care
The treatment you receive should be given by a doctor, nurse or medical professional
all of which must be properly qualified, trained, supervised.
- Proper communication between those involved in the treatment, whether by oral handovers
or written records
- The use of the correct equipment by staff trained to use that equipment
- Having the right number of staff for the nursing care needed
Examples of negligent care:
- Medication given twice or not at all if medication sheets are not properly completed
- Patients missing meals as the caterers are not made aware of the patient’s needs
- Patients discharged without proper information if details are missing from their
Any of the above examples can result in serious consequences.
If you are thinking about
making a complaint regarding your medical treatment check out our useful
Medical negligence claims
Call our medical negligence claims solicitors today to discuss
if you have a case for compensation on Freephone: 0808 129 3320 or use our free,
no obligation, online enquiry form and we will get in touch