Sponsored Workers - Visa Applications

From Monday 8 January 2018, Simpson Millar LLP (‘Simpson Millar’) closed its immigration law practice. After that date, Simpson Millar are not undertaking any immigration law work.

The team of Simpson Millar immigration lawyers have joined Freeths LLP (‘Freeths’) and will be dealing with any existing work.

Any questions or queries should be directed in the first instance to Emma Brooksbank at Freeths emma.brooksbank@freeths.co.uk or telephone number 07974 257 071.

Tier 2 - Sponsored Workers - Immigration Applications

Tier 2 offers you an entry route into the UK if you are a skilled non-EEA (European Economic Area) citizen.

Am I eligible for a Tier 2 application?

Under Tier 2 you must have a job offer from an employer holding a Sponsor Licence approved by the Home Office.

You must also be able to show that you meet the Points requirements for:

  • Sponsorship
  • Salary
  • English language skills
  • Maintenance - be able to maintain yourself financially

Annual limits are placed on the number of individuals who are able to enter the UK under Tier 2.

Immigration Law - Tier 2 Immigration Legal Advice

What are the features of a Tier 2 application?

Some Tier 2 applicants may be able to settle in the UK after a 5 year period.

You can work but you cannot apply for welfare benefits. You may also be able to invite your family members to the UK.

Legal Services - Fixed Fee Immigration Applications starting at £99

Which category can I apply for?

You may apply via one of the following 4 categories:

  • General
  • Intra Company Transfers
  • Sports People
  • Ministers of Religion

Tier 2 (General)

The General category is if you are coming into the UK with the offer of a job that cannot be filled by a settled worker.

Tier 2 (Intra Company Transfer)

If you are part of multi-national company being relocated from overseas to a job in which you have specialist knowledge, then the Intra Company Transfer category is for you.

Tier 2 (Sports People)

This category is for leading sports people or coaches, who will make a substantial contribution to the advancement of their sport at the uppermost level.

Tier 2 (Ministers of Religion)

Applications in this category are for those coming to fulfil a role as a Religious Minister, Missionary or Supporter of a Religious Order.

How can Simpson Millar LLP help me?

As immigration can be complex, you may feel it is beneficial to take legal advice before making your application. Our Immigration Solicitors at Simpson Millar LLP are experienced in all types of immigration applications, including Tier 2.

We can help you with advice on procedures, how to prepare your application and represent you or your family members on an Administrative Review or Immigration Appeal.

If your sponsor needs assistance with the licence process or has queries about your employment, they can also contact us.

We can speak your language and offer all our Immigration Services in Polish, Urdu, Punjabi and French.

How we can support your application

Get In Touch