From Monday 8 January 2018, Simpson Millar LLP (‘Simpson Millar’) closed its immigration law practice. After that date, Simpson Millar are not undertaking any immigration law work.
The team of Simpson Millar immigration lawyers have joined Freeths LLP (‘Freeths’) and will be dealing with any existing work.
Any questions or queries should be directed in the first instance to Emma Brooksbank at Freeths email@example.com or telephone number 07974 257 071.
Access to one of the world's largest markets and most diverse, skilled workforces are just some of the reasons why the UK is so popular with entrepreneurs and investors.
If you have decided to invest or start a business in the UK, our immigration solicitors can help you obtain a Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) or Tier 1 (Investor) visa.
Under both Tier 1 visas, you will be able to live and work in the UK and your spouse and children can join you. You can also apply for an extension to your visa, which our immigration experts can help you with.
If you intend to make the UK your permanent home once you have lived here for at least 5 years, we can also support you through the process of applying for indefinite leave to remain and eventually British citizenship.
Setting Up A Business In The United Kingdom – Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) Visa
Whether you want to set up a new business in the UK, join an existing business, or take over one or more companies, we can help you secure a Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) visa.
To be granted this visa, you must be able to show that you:
- Will be involved in the day-to-day running of a business
- Are planning on investing either £50,000 or £200,000 in an existing business in the UK or in setting up your own business – there are different eligibility requirements depending on your funds, which our solicitors can advise you about
- Have an entrepreneurial background, including the relevant skills and experience
If you are funding the investment through third-party funding or a venture capital investment group, we can ensure that all of the required documentation is in place. We can also work closely with venture capital investors to ensure that the investment meets the requirements of the Immigration Rules for your visa.
For your application to be successful, you must include a detailed business plan. We can oversee your application from the start to the end and will:
- Undertake a full review of your existing business plan or draft your business plan
- Carefully review all your documents, prepare your application, and prepare legal representations in support and submit these to the Home Office
Our immigration lawyers can obtain a business visit visa for you if you are coming to the UK for discussions or meetings on securing funding from a venture capital firm that you intend to use to join, set up, or take over a business in the UK.
If you are planning to apply for entry clearance, leave to remain, or would like to change your existing visa to the Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) category, our team can offer you a comprehensive Application Management Service.
If you have questions about the process, get in touch with our immigration team on 0808 129 3320.
Investing In The United Kingdom – Tier 1 (Investor) Visa
The value in the UK's market and the unlimited potential for success in business draws many investors from around the world to the UK every year.
If you are planning on coming to the UK and making a significant investment of at least £2,000,000 in Government bonds, share capital, or loan capital in active and trading UK registered companies, our immigration experts can help you obtain a Tier 1 (Investor) visa.
There are strict requirements that you need to meet, and if you fail to do so this can have devastating consequences on your application.
As specialists in handling Tier 1 visa applications, we can provide you with a comprehensive Application Management Service where we will carefully deal with your application from start to finish.
We can also advise you on the accelerated 2-year or 3-year settlement options.
Visiting The UK For Business Purposes
If you are coming to the UK to undertake business activities, our immigration team can help you secure a visitor visa for this purpose.
There are specific requirements that you have to meet if you are planning on coming to the UK to:
- Attend meetings, conferences, seminars, or interviews
- Give a talk or speech, or run a series of these
- Negotiate and sign deals and contracts
- Attend trade fairs, for promotional work only
- Gather information for your employment overseas
- Be briefed on the requirements of a UK-based customer, provided any work for the customer is done outside of the UK
We can walk you through the requirements you need to meet and will ensure that your application meets UKVI's standards.
If you are an employee of an overseas-based company, this visa will enable you to do the following in the UK:
- Advise and consult, troubleshoot, provide training and/or share skills and knowledge on a specific internal project with UK employees of the same corporate group, provided no work is carried out directly with clients
This visa may also be the best option for academics, as you will be able to:
- Take part in formal exchange arrangements with UK counterparts (including doctors)
- Carry out research for your own purposes if you are on sabbatical leave from your home institution
- Participate in research, teaching, or clinical practice if you are an eminent senior doctor or dentist, provided this does not amount to filling a permanent teaching post
If you are a sportsperson , you can also apply for this visa to do the following:
- Take part in a sports tournament or sports event as an individual or part of a team
- Make personal appearances and take part in promotional activities
- Participate in trials, on the condition that they are not in front of a paying audience
- Take part in short periods of training, provided they are not being paid by a UK sporting body
- Join an amateur team or club to gain experience in a particular sport, if you are at this level
How Long Does A Standard Visitor Visa Last?
A Standard Visitor visa can be granted for up to 6 months or if you are an academic, for up to 12 months, and our immigration team can help you can apply for an extension if your original visa was granted for under 6 months or 12 months.
Speak to one of our experts on 0808 129 3320 to find out how we can help you.
How Can Simpson Millar's Business Immigration Solicitors Help Me?
Having the support of our immigration experts will give you the best chance of securing your visa, as well as taking away the stress and time you would need to spend overseeing the application process.
We are experienced in helping clients to successfully establish and invest in businesses in the UK, and whether you are applying for a Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) or (Investor) visa or to visit the UK, we will ensure that you are as prepared as possible to meet the immigration requirements.
Our team offers competitive fees and an initial free telephone consultation where we will identify your long-term goals and tailor our services to meet your needs.
We can also offer you professional immigration support in Urdu, Punjabi, Polish, Italian, French, Kicongo, and Lingala.